на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Modding throwing weapons

Darrel

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 14.11.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 30, 2017 1:14     Заголовок сообщения: Modding throwing weapons

I have been trying to mod in throwing weapons to my game, by doing things like add some range stats to right handed weapons. So equipping a spear is like equipping both a spear and javelin , to make your warrior feel like a spearman. Or depending on the weapon their range stats give them the equivalent of throwing axes, or daggers. And it works mechanically. But the animation and graphics always treats it like the hero is firing a wand. I am assuming there is no way to change that outside of an exe edit. It seems to ignore the unit config settings for the hero about the range sounds, graphics, and animation. So I am assuming that something in the exe checks to see if it is a weapon in the archery category and show the bow animation, otherwise it shows a wand. Or am I missing some other setting somewhere?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Kzinch

(* Повелительница *)
Ветеран

Свитков: 894
С нами с: 19.05.2010
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 30, 2017 3:14     Заголовок сообщения:

I think it depends on type of shooting weapon in your first hand but if in first hand you don't have anything or it is not a shooting weapon... idk
   Darrel

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 14.11.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Dec 03, 2017 2:13     Заголовок сообщения:

Yeah it seems to depend on the shooting weapon in the first hand. If it is an 'archery weapon' it shows the arrow animation. Anything else it shows wand animation. Which is too bad, because I got throwing weapons to work well otherwise. But showing the hero shoot a fireball, when he should be throwing a weapon, really breaks immersion. I doubt there is a way to fix that without changing the exe.

I may just make the wand animation look like a dagger or axe throwing animation instead. It is easy enough to justify wands shooting energy that happen to look like a physical object.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index