на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Loot Tables: how do they work?

bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Фев 10, 2018 22:30     Заголовок сообщения: Loot Tables: how do they work?

So after losing nearly an entire leveled army taking out 1 Black Unicorn and getting nothing but 50 gold and common arrows in return, I've come to the conclusion that some of the loot tables contain some serious errors.

Usually, the loot tables look something like (665, 2), though some units have 2 sets of those 2 values per level. Some units have different values for every level, and some have something for level 1 and then after it it's a bunch of (0,0) values for every level above that.

Can someone explain what those values mean?

I would also like to remind the devs that having a Black Unicorn be of Neutral alignment makes absolutely no freaking sense. They're as evil as it gets; their description makes that really, really clear. That's GOT TO BE A MISTAKE. One of the devs even admitted it was, so can't we change it already?

Thank you!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 15, 2018 18:42     Заголовок сообщения: Re: Loot Tables: how do they work?

bludwig писал(а):
I would also like to remind the devs that having a Black Unicorn be of Neutral alignment makes absolutely no freaking sense. They're as evil as it gets; their description makes that really, really clear. That's GOT TO BE A MISTAKE. One of the devs even admitted it was, so can't we change it already?

I posted your request to the Russian bug thread. Let's see what Jazz has to say.

In the mean time, you can mod your own version:
- Open var/unit.var
- Scroll to entry 220 (Black Unicorn)
- change the line Karma: 0 to Karma: -3

From now on, Black Unicorn will be very evil.

Regards.
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 16, 2018 17:26     Заголовок сообщения:

Thank you, Boon. I already do that; as soon as a new version comes out, I mod the Magister line to Neutral (because that seems to fit with the lore and makes them usable for both good and evil builds) and the Black Unicorns to Way Evil.

But the thing about the Black Unicorn's alignment was incidental. My main question had to do with the loot tables. It's a bigger problem that Black Unicorns give essentially no treasure than that they're not evil.

Anyone know how the loot tables work? I feel like the Black Unicorn's has to be wrong, but I can't prove it because I don't know what the loot variables in the var folder mean.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 03, 2018 14:00     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
My main question had to do with the loot tables. It's a bigger problem that Black Unicorns give essentially no treasure than that they're not evil.

Anyone know how the loot tables work? I feel like the Black Unicorn's has to be wrong, but I can't prove it because I don't know what the loot variables in the var folder mean.

Only a handful of people understand the mechanics of the game, and they mostly read the Russian forums.

My limited understanding is that the rewards for beating specific units (aka trophies) are uninteresting.
However, the interesting loot comes from beating site guards (see guard.var)

See also https://www.gog.com/forum/eador_series/moddingindexes/post3

And take a look at the "html" folder in the game folder.

Regards.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index