на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Insanely high level of difficulty?

bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мая 21, 2017 4:28     Заголовок сообщения: Insanely high level of difficulty?

I've been playing the campaign recently, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through at the moment. It's not very fun to play anymore, though, because there is something simply broken about how the enemy AI is leveling up.

On turn 40... 40, you understand... the enemy always comes thundering over the horizon with 3 lv. 20-30 heroes with FULLY LEVELED armies of 30th level 1.5 and 2.5 units. I played all the way through the MotBW campaign and nothing vaguely like that happened even once. It would be more like turn 200 when I would see an army of 30th level fully promoted units led by a 30th level hero come against me. The AI I'm playing against is Master difficulty, which is supposed to be like me playing on Competent, but come on, let's be honest... unless I'm really, really missing something here, having a near-30th level hero and an army of 40-60 lv. units in just 40 turns is just seriously, seriously wrong. If I'm lucky enough to have a map which allows me to battle with my first hero for, say, 35 out of those 40 first turns (you always lose at least a few due to movement, of course, or exploration) my hero's level is around 15 or so, and that's doing nothing but fighting almost every turn for 40 turns, including against pretty powerful enemies. The most I've ever gotten is close up to 20 by turn 40, and that was with insane luck and taking a lot of chances, and few soldiers survived with me, maybe one or two promoted to 1.5, but not 30th level 1.5 by any means. That's just flat impossible.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, and I know that everybody wants to wave their genitals around and brag about how completely awesome they are and how easy the game is, but I've played thousands of hours of Eador and it's never been like this. I heard that a relatively recent patch fixed an issue which was causing the AI to level up too fast, and I was so happy to hear it, but I didn't start a new game, just continued on with the campaign, and if massive fully-leveled multiple armies showing up in the 40s of turns is a fixed leveling system then I'm Marilyn Monroe.

Anybody else having this issue playing against the AI? Is there a way to fix it? I swear something's wrong here. I can usually be victorious anyway by kiting the AI for dozens of turns and pulling some really tricky stuff, but it's just not fun. Part of the joy of Eador is getting at least a few dozen turns of peaceful expansion and exploration, and when the AI is that stupidly powerful it makes the game not at all fun.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   matod

Главарь

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 17.08.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мая 21, 2017 10:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello , yes this happens sometimes its almost impossible to win. It happens to me like every 20 maps, are you interested to play with me thru teamviewer hot seat mode? its best to play vs humans they dont cheat :)
   LibertyRansom

Ополченец

Свитков: 5
С нами с: 29.10.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 02, 2017 15:15     Заголовок сообщения:

Agreed. I have had the same issue on two consective maps I've played (I am about 1/2 way through the campaign). Around turn forty I faced a level 30 tactician/commander with 1.5 and 2.5 level ranged units that were all very high level with full badges. Suffice it to say, I could not even make a single attack.

It is my understanding that this is a bug. I am hoping that it only happens randomly per shard, and does not effect my entire campaign. I am also hoping that they fix the bug in the next edition (or the next english translation). Hoping that someone might be able to advise whether this has been fixed (or will be fixed). Its very frustrating to put an hour into leveling and playing only to be crushed suddenly and in the early-mid game, by a enemy three times your level that cheated.

Thanks!
   Darrel

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 14.11.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 14, 2017 9:40     Заголовок сообщения:

Since it happens so randomly sounds like a bug that might occur from rewards for exploring, rather then a leveling up bug from combat.

But I will agree. It is a campaign killer.
   bludwig

Дозорный

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 16, 2017 21:55     Заголовок сообщения:

There is no reward from exploring that causes your hero to be level 30 on turn 50, or to have a massive army of 30-th-level 2.5 units.

It cannot possibly be that. This is a leveling bug which has been present for a while.
   Darrel

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 14.11.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 22, 2017 3:46     Заголовок сообщения:

There is no reward from exploring that causes that for us, but the AI plays by different rules. They just have a random chance of gaining an alliance for one, instead of having to complete a qwest. The fact that this 'level up bug' happens so rare does give the possibility that it is something random that occurs, do to exploring, specicial sites, events or qwests. What if a bug for one, allows the computer to auto complete the hardest arena battle for one, suddenly jumping up its experience by a large amount. Now with that huge experience boost they can take on harder sites, and suddenly they get to max level much quicker. I don't really believe it is the arena, but their are so many random occurrences that could give the AI a huge boost, by having them complete something they shouldn't be able to complete. There are a number of things it could be: the arena, shop guards, temple of light qwests, crystal qwests,alliance qwests, random exploring events that end up involving dialog choices , one of those random bad events that would wipe out us (such as the ghosts) , etc.
   bludwig

Дозорный

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Dec 17, 2017 5:05     Заголовок сообщения:

There's no need to keep defending this, Darrel. All of those things you mentioned are most certainly not the cause. The fact that the computer gets a few things like alliances handed to them has nothing to do with this massive and crippling bug.

This is now a known issue, it is a bug, and it never happened prior to a certain update to New Horizons. I've been playing vanilla and NH for years and years, and this never happened until several months ago or thereabouts, and since then many other people have reported it.

This is a New Horizons issue, and hopefully it will be fixed soon, but don't even begin to try to justify it. It only muddles the issue and might prevent the devs from thinking it's a real bug, which it is, and so massive that I can't play the game I've been playing for years and years because I'm tired of an impossibly supercharged opponent crushing the entire map on turn 40.

Also, no offense, but the word in English is "quest", as in "request", not "qwest". It looks a little silly when you write it like that, at least to me, and probably to most native speakers.
   Vonotar

Главарь

Свитков: 37
С нами с: 20.06.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Dec 22, 2017 23:53     Заголовок сообщения:

I agree there seems to be something wrong with AI progressing too quickly. The game - in particular New Horizons used to be world class, but I'm finding it increasingly unplayable. Last game I bumped into a General with the full front row of level 20+ harpies. It wasn't hard - it was ludicrous, thanks to the new ability "hit and run". Who comes up with these ideas? Ridiculously overpowered.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index