на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Need general advice on Eador releases

Kassiopeija

Ратник

Свитков: 10
С нами с: 17.06.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 6:30     Заголовок сообщения: Need general advice on Eador releases

Heeeyyyyyyy!!!!

I'm playing MotbW 1.6.3 and love it! This game is AWESOME, my new favourite one (after I can't find any new custom maps for HOMMV) but I'm having a slight problem...:

In the campaign I get above +200 energy per turn so I can always start out with a lvl30 char, but not fully geared because gear is so expensive Sad But Tier1 units are deadcheap - only 2 energy per level... so I figured making a Commander + some decent units.. and bless, found a Merceneary Guild and got an Elf Druid, Elf Ranger & Dwarf Guardman!!! If you take them out that specific Guild - they come without that Mercenary Badge - will save lots of costs + get one useful medal more...

And now I got that Archer Medal for both Elves and I accepted, but it doesn't show. First thought it was just a display issue but after reloading & further playing it doesn't show at all... is this a bug? I really wanna get this to work, what should I do? I've never been able to ally with Dwarves or Elves so what else options do I have?

Made a google-search if I can find a solution to this, possibly via a patch, but right now I'm more confused about all the different Eador-releases which are out... could someone please shed some light on the different releases & what their current or final build version is?

I read about:

Eador: Genesis (is this the first release?)

Then there's Eador: MotbW I found some updates to 1.6.5 here: http://78.46.134.138:5080/updates/inline/
but the patches don't work. They come with a .pak-file which I don't know where to put/place.

Then I wonder if this is even necessary since I read about a v2.x on GOG...?
And what is Eador2?

I currently download New Horizon - but this is a fanmade-MOD? Does it come standalone?

And Imperium: Is this a new addon for MotbW or a completely new standalone release?

(why don't you just label your releases linearily Eador 1; Eador 2 etc with X-pacs ca$hing in on that eg: Eador 3: Kassiopeija's Revenge or so^^)

Nevertheless, thanks for a superaddictivegame KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 9:11     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi.
I can't help you with MotBW much but let me clarify that mess with versions.
Eador Genesis was made by single person. Latest version of it is 1.05. There is also GoG version which is just translated into English 1.05 with minor tweaks.
The game was published by Snowball (at version 1.04 I believe) on CD. Later they decided to make Eador 2 - 3D remake of Eador Genesis.
For some reason Snowball broke up. Part of Snowball is now called Snowbird. And they made that Eador 2, which is officially called Eador MotBW. It was complete disappointment for Genesis fans, but good enough for new players. Quite buggy though. Later Snowbird created few DLCs for MotBW. The latest one is Imperium.
MotBW itself is almost the same as Genesis, but on other engine with 3D graphics. Genesis stopped developing, so difference between two version tend to increase with time.
New Horizons is fan-made mod based on Genesis version. They added lots of new content and some quite interesting ideas. NH creator have accesss to source code, so they can add new game mechanics, not only content.
MotBW also has minor mods, but no such huge project as NH.

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 20:37     Заголовок сообщения:

Heyy thanks for your reply!

Presumeably I've downloaded the New Horizon-mod [http://eador.online.fr/Eador260a.zip] as given @ http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3793&sid=639082a46605ab90bcb700632039d119

Post#1 explains "Unzip anywhere you want, double click on Eador.exe and start playing" but if I do that, I get an error message [List index out of bounds (0)]

I've taken a look at the folder contents, and I need to ask again, is this even for Genesis? Because inside the folder is actually Master of the Broken World content - for example, "Eador_mbw.exe", the manual is entitled "Eador - Master of the Broken World" & all the background pictures [menu & splash] also show Master of the Broken World.

As said, I actually have the 1.6.3 steam-version of the game already installed on my drive. If I manually copy the contents of Eador260a.zip into this installation, and overwrite all existing files, and afterwards start this "amalgam" - it runs and shows MotBW v1.6.4 ! So what did I actually download here????
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 21:38     Заголовок сообщения:

You got something mixed up.
I downloaded http://eador.online.fr/Eador260a.zip and it is definitely a New Horisons release with no Eador_mbw.exe whatsoever.

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 21:48     Заголовок сообщения:

Well, in the meanwhile I've completely uninstalled the Steam-Eador-MotbW game, made a systemwide clean, and reboot. The error message from starting the unzipped package from http://eador.online.fr/Eador260a.zip still persists... noooooo

hmm, maybe the download was corrupt? Looking into the folder contents the archives "data.001.pak" to "data.020.pak" are all 1kB (that can't be right, or?)
But I'm using Free Download Manager for these kinds of things and it never fails me. Would it be possible to provide me a checksum, either MD5, SHA or CRC of this release?

BTW (I really sorry to have to ask that many questions, but I really wanna Eadoring the weekend yeesssss ::vodka n'muzon))))) but I'm having trouble understanding the instructions given at this page http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=262048#262048 (I use google translate but it's still alot of info)
According to this page I should download version 1.04, install it then patch it to version 1.05.1
Then patch to version 13,1116
Then patch to version 13.1123
Then patch to version 13,1231
Then to version 14,0331
Then 14,0920
and about 10 additional patches.... ???

maybe I'm not getting this right due to the language border.... but wouldn't it be just so much more easily to just offer a single complete full download, which a new player can just easily get without any possibilites of screwing up the whole process...
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 21:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Do not bother with the russian subforum at all. English releases are currently up to date and as stable as they get.
Download http://eador.online.fr/Eador260a.zip once again. It's 300+ MB total with no MotBW. Disable the download manager if needed, file's small enough already. Unpack & play. Or throw http://eador.online.fr/Eador260c.zip on top if you want some fixes.

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 22:20     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks for your help Kettarienne. This is indeed not the right file. My DL manager shows it as "1.6.4.all.zip" from GOG which I never intended to download. More surprising that the zip is named "Eador260a.zip" on my drive after downloading was complete. There is a ghost in my machine, what the heck... (BTW Ghosts are borderline overpowdered in MotBW - BEWARE!!! Smile )The next in line was "Eador260c.zip" but I'm gonna DL that as well anew... for good I hope...

BTW, does the Eadoropedia contain infos about the "New Horizons" mod or is it strictly Genesis?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2016 23:22     Заголовок сообщения:

Kassiopeija писал(а):
BTW, does the Eadoropedia contain infos about the "New Horizons" mod or is it strictly Genesis?

There are two versions of Eadoropedia. One is for NH, another is for Genesis.

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 20, 2016 4:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Well I got this one here http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/en/index.html [that's NH right?^^]
What's the link to the other?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 20, 2016 8:01     Заголовок сообщения:

Sorry, I can find only russian version for Genesis. However it should not be difficult to make own Eadoropedia.

http://eador.com/en/index.html

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июн 23, 2016 19:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Kassiopeija писал(а):
Would it be possible to provide me a checksum, either MD5, SHA or CRC of this release?

Hello Kassiopeija,

I'm the current maintainer for the New Horizons English translation.
The English release is a stand-alone mod of Eador Genesis.

Код:
$ sha1sum Eador260*.zip
6d0e3b049ab391b8d1185b7a5e06a5aa6e2bc3c9 *Eador260a.zip
c8a43a4fc354322b192690f8eb8a7bcfdf47062c *Eador260c.zip

Regards.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index