на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.60 discussion thread

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 18, 2016 19:02     Заголовок сообщения: New Horizons v2.60 discussion thread

Post bug reports, comments, suggestions, improvements, etc for the v2.60 version

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Сб Фев 18, 2017 19:17), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Surgeon

Дозорный

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 30.12.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 21, 2016 1:46     Заголовок сообщения:

I sorely miss the old main screen soundtrack. It was brilliant; epic with a slow build and, it seems to me, of better sound quality than the current version.

Why the change?

EDIT: Also, there's a bug in the tutorial mission. Whenever you click end turn, the message warns you that "you haven't built anything" (despite not actually being able to, of course). It's annoying.

EDIT II: I just don't get it. Why's it continually asking me why I'm leaving people idle in provinces???

EDIT III: Auto-battle is no longer asking whether the hero is allowed to cast spells or summon units.

Последний раз редактировалось: Surgeon (Вс Фев 21, 2016 2:18), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 21, 2016 2:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Surgeon писал(а):
I sorely miss the old main screen soundtrack. It was brilliant; epic with a slow build and, it seems to me, of better sound quality than the current version.

http://eador.online.fr/GODS_Title.ogg Wink
Dunno why they changed it...
I can show you how to change it back, it's just not as simple as it could be IMHO.

Apparently, this is the inspiration for the track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKY87e6j04
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gods_%28video_game%29

Surgeon писал(а):
Also, there's a bug in the tutorial mission. Whenever you click end turn, the message warns you that "you haven't built anything" (despite not actually being able to, of course). It's annoying.

Work around: go into the Settings menu, and uncheck the "Construction" message (at least during the tutorial).

Regards.
   Surgeon

Дозорный

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 30.12.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 21, 2016 3:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Surgeon писал(а):

http://eador.online.fr/GODS_Title.ogg Wink
Dunno why they changed it...
I can show you how to change it back, it's just not as simple as it could be IMHO.

Apparently, this is the inspiration for the track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKY87e6j04
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gods_%28video_game%29

Surgeon писал(а):
Also, there's a bug in the tutorial mission. Whenever you click end turn, the message warns you that "you haven't built anything" (despite not actually being able to, of course). It's annoying.

Work around: go into the Settings menu, and uncheck the "Construction" message (at least during the tutorial).

Regards.

And the F10-pressing auto-battle?
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 21, 2016 4:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Surgeon писал(а):
And the F10-pressing auto-battle?

IIRC, "Auto-battle asking whether the hero is allowed to cast spells or summon units" is a MotBW-only feature Wink
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 21, 2016 5:20     Заголовок сообщения:

Surgeon писал(а):
EDIT III: Auto-battle is no longer asking whether the hero is allowed to cast spells or summon units.
It was ever ctrl+f10

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 25, 2016 23:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Fantastic work! We really appreciate what you do. Two quick things:

Major bug:

I'm getting a crash to desktop sometimes when an enemy Earth Totem casts a spell. (Such a bummer for the game to hit me with a reversion penalty whenever it crashes... I understand that it should do that when I force-quit, but when I have a fatal crash? So harsh...)

Minor bug:

On the "Lycan on the loose" event, one of the options is "Hire a witch hunt for the Lycan." This should apparently be "Hire a Witcher to hunt for the Lycan." I was confused about this for the longest time, since a "witch hunt" and "a Witcher to hunt" are really radically different things in this world. Totally understandable translation of the original copy, but we're hiring Geralt, not calling in the Inquisition to the province.

Thanks again!
   bludwig

Дозорный

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 25, 2016 23:34     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, while I'm at it, a few text bugs. These were from the last version, but just wanted to put them here since they may not have been fixed, and are from rarely-seen Dwarven Alliance-only text.

Earthshaker desc: "Dwarves sell catapults manufactored" should be "Dwarves sell catapults manufactured". No such word as manufactored, but an easy mistake to make, and totally understandable.

Great Hall desc: "Allows you to hire a Dwarven army guards." Needs a bit of cleaning up... perhaps "Allows you to hire the Dwarven Army guard."?

Dwarven Army desc: "The dwarves' eagerness to delve and did is so great" should be "The dwarves' eagerness to delve and dig is so great".

Apologies if these have already been addressed.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 26, 2016 2:52     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
I'm getting a crash to desktop sometimes when an enemy Earth Totem casts a spell.

Would you have a savegame right before the battle where the crash occurs, so that either I or BK can try to reproduce the issue in the Russian version?

bludwig писал(а):
On the "Lycan on the loose" event, one of the options is "Hire a witch hunt for the Lycan." This should apparently be "Hire a Witcher to hunt for the Lycan."

Good catch!

Original: Нанять ведьмака для охоты на ликана (-400 $ )
now reads: Hire a Witcher to hunt for the Lycan (-400 $ )

I'll fix the other typos you reported, and line them up for the next release.

Regards.
   bludwig

Дозорный

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 26, 2016 21:06     Заголовок сообщения:

Actually, yes... I haven't played it since the crash, so the current game state should be right there. Can you instruct me on how to locate and make a copy of the save file? I'll try to monkey around with it too, to isolate the issue. (I used to be a professional game tester... I'm pretty good at the whole bug-isolation-elimination-test process.)
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 26, 2016 21:49     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
Can you instruct me on how to locate and make a copy of the save file?

It's very easy, in fact, and is also useful for exploring different possibilities without using reversions in the game.
(I've been meaning to change "reversions" to "rewinds", what do you think?)

Close Eador, then navigate to your Eador260a folder in Windows. Just make a backup of the save folder. That's it!
Could you post your zipped save folder to some file sharing site?
To restore, close Eador, delete the game's current save folder, and copy the old one.

Regards.
   PaulPAK

Боец

Свитков: 7
С нами с: 09.07.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 02, 2016 9:53     Заголовок сообщения:

First: hello to all!
I lack the words to praise this mod. This is really something incredible. Excellent work! Thank You guys!
And I have a question about the Siege Mode - it cancels the effect of shooting from the high ground. I'm not sure if this is something new or I just overlooked this in earlier versions.
When your shooting unit is on hills its range is increased by +1, but the description of the Siege Mode say that range cannot be larger than 3. So the Dwarven Pavissier placed on the hill with Siege Mode activated have the range of 3. But if human Sniper (T 1.5 level of Crosbowman) will use Siege Mode its range would be in fact lowered from 4 (5 on the hills) to 3? Or is the Siege Mode still available to units other than Dwarven Pavissier?

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 02, 2016 18:56     Заголовок сообщения:

PaulPAK писал(а):
Or is the Siege Mode still available to units other than Dwarven Pavissier?
No.

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 02, 2016 20:18     Заголовок сообщения:

PaulPAK писал(а):
Or is the Siege Mode still available to units other than Dwarven Pavissier?

@Ket: unit_upg.var lists 430, 697, 715, 716 indices for Siege Mode.

Looking at unit.var
430 is for Dwarven Pavisier
697 is for Lightning Cannon (unit 227)
715 is for Sniper (unit 84)
716 is for Dwarven Cannon (unit 79)

So it seems other units do have Siege Mode?
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 02, 2016 20:57     Заголовок сообщения:

All of them are quite different, and only the Dwarven Pavisier has set range.
170. Siege Mode itself.
171. Siege Mode increases (or decreases) ranged damage by Power, if Power>1000 damage is instead set to Power.
172. Siege Mode increases (or decreases) range by Power, if Power>1000 range is instead set to Power.
173. Siege Mode grants Explosive Weapon ability (splash damage).
174. Siege Mode grants Chain lightning ability.
175. Siege Mode increases (or decreases) ranged damage by Power*10%.

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 04, 2016 1:09     Заголовок сообщения:

I have a crash during enemy turn (campaign, attack on Beleth shard). There is no message. Game is saved, map appears and game crashes to the desktop. Which file you need to look into?

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 04, 2016 1:46     Заголовок сообщения:

PaulPAK писал(а):
I have a crash during enemy turn (campaign, attack on Beleth shard). There is no message. Game is saved, map appears and game crashes to the desktop. Which file you need to look into?

Best compress the complete "save" folder using e.g. 7z http://www.7-zip.org/7z.html, put it in your dropbox folder and place the download link in the forum.
   PaulPAK

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 04, 2016 16:53     Заголовок сообщения:

S'il vous plait https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70265525/save.7z

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 05, 2016 20:34     Заголовок сообщения:

PaulPAK писал(а):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70265525/save.7z

"Bran Mac Morn" single player game save crashes on load.
Did you make that save with 2.60a?

"Artorius" : no single player game.
Campaign save crashes on load.
Did you make that save with 2.60a?

http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=265949#265949

Caution!
In-shard saves from previous versions are incompatible! Starting a new shard is required.
To keep your progress, save Campaign on the Astral Plane before updating the mod.

Regards.
   PaulPAK

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 05, 2016 21:20     Заголовок сообщения:

Something is wrong, however, because I was playing 2.60a version and I'm 100% sure that I was updating between shards, in Astral. I've already managed to conquer one shard after updating to 2.60, crash occured only on second one (Beleth's shard). I will upload savegame from an Astral, maybe I somehow screwed up the update at some point.
BTW how can delete second player profile (Artorius)?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70265525/save2.7z
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index