на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Translating 15.1231 release

Surgeon

Дозорный

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 30.12.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 10, 2016 16:11     Заголовок сообщения:

And how about "Ravager"?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 10, 2016 16:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Actually, in the Hearthstone, exactly the same unit named as Blademaster. He is a orc, who very like to fight and kinda skillfull in this way. Maybe just use this word?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 11, 2016 2:53     Заголовок сообщения:

Arkitekt писал(а):
Рубака... Rubaka? why not

I'm thinking of going with "Cleaver" or "Polemaster"...
The bardiche is supposed to have a huge axe blade tied to it (hence the cleaving
but the text mentions using them against cavalry (so it's supposed to be pointy at the end of the pole).
See also http://medieval.stormthecastle.com/armorypages/medieval-polearms.htm
Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 17, 2016 17:38     Заголовок сообщения:

Could someone help with this description in Ritual.txt

Сбор стаи
Gathering of the Pack

Позволяет набрать в армию героя гноллов.
Allows recruiting Gnolls in the hero's army.

Возможные рекруты зависят от построенных в замке зданий,
Available recruits depend on specific buildings in the castle,

позволяющих нанимать в армию гноллов.
?? [similar to first sentence?]

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 17, 2016 18:15     Заголовок сообщения:

Kind of. Ritual checks, what buildings there are in your castle, and summon to your army only gnolls in this list. If you don't build "building#1" ritual can't summon gnolls, who is recruiting in "building#1"
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 17, 2016 19:37     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
Kind of. Ritual checks, what buildings there are in your castle, and summon to your army only gnolls in this list. If you don't build "building#1" ritual can't summon gnolls, who is recruiting in "building#1"

What does the third segment ("позволяющих нанимать в армию гноллов") say
that wasn't said in the first segment ("Позволяет набрать в армию героя гноллов") ??
The third segment was added recently. It seems useless to me, but Jazz disagrees,
so I must be losing something in the translation...

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Янв 17, 2016 20:16     Заголовок сообщения:

Ok, I'll try to translate it both close to original, and without any possibility to misunderstand:)
"Gathering of the Pack"
This ritual allows you to summon //it's working like ritual from Chaos magic lane// gnolls to your army.
But you can't summon all kind of gnolls
The possible recruits depend of the buildings, that you create in your castle
You can summon only this kinds of gnolls, that you can recruit from the buildings that you already build

//There is a little more continuing text in this translation, and of course, I don't know what will be enough to understand and translate as clear as it possible

I think, misunderstood was because of a little difficult even for russian ppl structure of sentence. It is "difficult depending sentence" - kind of strange russian type of "some sentences in one with depending tree". It's hard to explain, just remember that we can erase some words, gather 2-3 sentence in one and say "well, now it's 1 sentence and you must try to understand what does it mean"
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 28, 2016 20:18     Заголовок сообщения:

(Thanks Максим)

I need help with Ярость небес (Heaven's Rage) specifically this part:
Длительность заклинания - 3 хода, но каждый ход она возрастает до 3.

Does the spell last the entire battle?

[EDIT] Could someone review the next sentences too:

Заклинание накладывается на всех существ на поле боя, но действует только на нежить.
The spell is applied to all creatures on the battlefield, but only affects the Undead.

Вновь призванному или поднятому существу будет нанесён мгновенный урон.
Once again, summoned or raised units receive instant damage.

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Янв 30, 2016 13:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello,

[ LAST EDITED on 2016-02-17 7:35 ]

Gnoll lore is now complete, with a little help from Arkitekt and Ket (thanks).

I hope to post the release on Thursday

Regards.

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Ср Фев 17, 2016 9:55), всего редактировалось 8 раз(а)
   wortkarg

Ветеран
[Автор VOD] Маг

Свитков: 1665
С нами с: 04.11.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 05, 2016 13:37     Заголовок сообщения:

1) Бука = Bugbear ??
Bugaboo/Bugbear

2) Вожак = Chieftain ??
Leader/Chieftain

3) Бугай = Brute ??
Brute is ok (bull/brute)

4) Воин стаи = Clan Warrior ??
is ok

5) Мучитель = Tormenter ??
is ok

I am not much better with long texts than Google Translate, sorry Sad
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 05, 2016 15:12     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
1) Бука = Bugbear ??

Жизнь в орочьем племени сурова и безжалостна к слабым.
Постоянные войны, набеги и междоусобицы заставляют даже женщин быть всегда готовыми добыть пропитание охотой, а то и защитить себя и своё жилище от непрошенных гостей.
Разумеется, женщина не способна носить латы наравне с мужчинами или сражаться тяжёлой палицей.
Поэтому на их долю остались луки и стрелы - оружие, презираемое настоящим воином-орком, предпочитающим схватку с врагом лицом к лицу.
Тем не менее, вожди орд не сомневаются в полезности легковооружённых разведчиц, называемых в племенах "буками", всегда готовых поддержать своими стрелами своих отцов, мужей и братьев.
Луки, используемые ими, короткие и грубые, но довольно мощные, а способность подкрадываться к своей жертве делает их очень опасными на любой пересечённой местности.
Изредка буки устраивают внезапные ночные грабительские налёты на неохраняемые деревни и хутора людей и без участия орков-воинов, вследствие чего в народе их прозвание уже давно используется, чтобы пугать маленьких детей.

Life in orcs tribe is tough and unforgiving to weak ones.
Consant wars, raids and _____ make even females ready to hunt for food or even defend their lives and homes against _____ guests.
Female of course is not capable of wearing fullplate armor and fight with heavy _____ like males do.
Thats why their fate is bows and arrows, which are _____ by every true orc warrior prefering to fight face-to-face.
_____ , tribe leaders has no doubt about light armed scouts to be useful. They are called _____ in tribes and they are ready to suport their fathers, husbands and brothers.
Their bows are short and _____ but reasonably powerful, and their ability to _____ their prey makes them highly dangerous on any _____ terrain.
Sometimes _____ take sudden night raids on undefended human villages and _____ even without orcs warriors help. That's why their name is used by folks for a long time to frighten little children.

About other words I'm not confident. Left them blank.
Once I'll take Google's help I'll may fill them with proper words.

I can't call this original text is correct to be a some descriptive text but not russian syntax exercise, but that is what it is. Fell free to rearrange this text on your own fashion.

Последний раз редактировалось: Arkitekt (Пн Фев 08, 2016 9:14), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 05, 2016 18:24     Заголовок сообщения:

Warrior of the pack
Every gnoll can confidently be considered a warrior of the pack.
Gnolls fights as long as he lives, and lives as long as he fights.
Males and females both go to war and on the hunt (which are essentialy the same thing for gnolls).
Even their puppies are born with sharp claws and combat-worthy fangs.
Customary gnoll weapons (besides their claws) are makeshift spiked clubs, although given opportunity they prefer to rob something more significant from their enemies.
Armor is usualy some arrangement of pelts and bones of strongest defeated enemies.
However laughable those arms are, even the weakest gnoll is stronger then average human, and even mithril armor occasionaly yields under ferosious blows of their clubs.
They say a gnoll only becomes stonger as years pass, as if absorbing the power of slain enemies along with their blood.
Be that as it may, gnoll blood does contain some sort of power: death of even the youngest warrior of the pack causes a Chaos outburst, and even though the portal is usually so small and unstable that spawns but a crippled imp, this is nothing to be dismissed.

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 05, 2016 18:35     Заголовок сообщения:

Heaven's Rage last entire battle, yes. But you can dispell it. Maybe it's because all this new casual hamsters forgot at all about little but very good spell from sorcerer school with the same name, and this is a trying to bring attention to them.
1st sentence is right, 2nd is not. It seems like translator cut phrase on miscoordinated words. "Вновь призванный" means "summoned another time", it may be wrong, but I think that just "summoned or raised" is correct without any addition and the 1st part is just a playing playing with words.
For me "Воин стаи" is better translate as "Pack warrior" or "Warrior of the Pack" cause, he is a gnoll. and gnolls haven't any clans, they have packs.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Фев 06, 2016 14:26     Заголовок сообщения:

Heaven's Rage last entire battle, yes. But you can dispell it. Maybe it's because all this new casual hamsters forgot at all about little but very good spell from sorcerer school with the same name, and this is a trying to bring attention to them.
1st sentence is right, 2nd is not. It seems like translator cut phrase on miscoordinated words. "Вновь призванный" means "summoned another time", it may be wrong, but I think that just "summoned or raised" is correct without any addition and the 1st part is just a playing playing with words.
For me "Воин стаи" is better translate as "Pack warrior" or "Warrior of the Pack" cause, he is a gnoll. and gnolls haven't any clans, they have packs.

Thanks everyone, I will import your translations tonight!

What does "all this new casual hamsters forgot" mean?
Is "hamster" a joking way to say players?

I changed "Воин стаи" back to "Pack warrior".

And this is the current translation for Heaven's Rage:

Ярость небес
Heaven's Rage

Круг 3.
Circle 3.

Школа:
School:

Священная магия.
Sacred Magic.

Наносит 5 единиц урона всей нежити на поле боя сразу и по 5 единиц урона каждый ход.
Deals 5 HP damage to every Undead on the battlefield, and 5 more HP each turn.

Длительность заклинания - 3 хода, но каждый ход она возрастает до 3.
Spell Duration is 3 turns, but each turn, duration is reset to 3.

Повреждения немного увеличиваются с ростом силы мага.
Damage increases slightly with the caster's Spellpower.

Сопротивление заклинаниям не действует.
Ignores magic resistance.

Заклинание накладывается на всех существ на поле боя, но действует только на нежить.
The spell is applied to all creatures on the battlefield, but only affects the Undead.

Вновь призванному или поднятому существу будет нанесён мгновенный урон.
Recently summoned or raised units receive instant damage.

Howler if you spot anything fishy! Smile

Thanks again everyone.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Фев 06, 2016 18:19     Заголовок сообщения:

"casual hamsters" is a dismissive phrase about newbie, who asking to make this game more easy, because they can't win on high difficulty with their skills. They don't want to teach something, they only want to reduce the difficulty of the game
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 08, 2016 3:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Status update: only 125 segments left, in 4 files.

Код:
Text/races.txt     33
Text/tutorial.txt  18
Text/unit.txt      38
var/dialog.var     39

The end is near Smile
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 08, 2016 4:05     Заголовок сообщения:

Бука:
Bugbear
Life in the tribe of orcs is harsh and merciless towards the weak.
Constant wars, raids and strife make even women always be ready to obtain sustenance by hunting, and protect yourself and their homes against uninvited guests.
Of course, a woman cannot wear plate or fight heavy club on an equal footing with men.
So they use bows and arrows instead of "real" weapon, and that is despising by honorable orc's warriors, who prefer to fight with the enemy face to face.
However, the horde's chiefs have no doubts of the usefulness of light scouts, called in the tribes "bugbears", who always ready to support with arrows their fathers, husbands and brothers.
Bows, short and rough, but quite powerful, and the ability to sneak up to the victim makes them very dangerous in any bog, thicket or gorge.
Occasionally bugbears arrange unannounced night predatory touches on the unprotected villages and hamlets of people even without the participation of the orc-warriors, in that case their nickname has long been used to scare little children.

Вожак
Chieftain
In the cruel orc society there is only one power and law - the law of strength, and only truly the greatest of their kind become chieftains, capable of holding obedience rank-and-file warriors of the tribe, and turn the best of them into their personal guards.
The true leader of the tribe of orcs must constantly prove his superiority in everyday life, because the fact is, that just one weakness, and the place of leader is always ready to take a strong, fierce and skillful warrior.
But in battle just a one word from their supreme leader is enough to mortally weary fighters found the strength to fulfill any order.
Orc's chieftains in battle typically examine battlefield, sitting astride the mighty animal of enormous sizes - calling karnaf, resembling a crossbreed between a bull and rhino.
Few enemies are risking to stand in the way of an angry karnaf, and quite a few who remain alive to tell about it.

at the process...
It's quite far from clear academic English, if you want you need to rewrite it a bit to make style more official and "historical"
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 08, 2016 9:57     Заголовок сообщения:

Бука, Вожак

Thanks for Вожак translation!

Oops, Arkitekt had already handled Бука (I have now removed already translated stuff).

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 08, 2016 10:16     Заголовок сообщения:

You didn't say to him how good he was at this job. He felt useless and go away, cause no one gave him a prays, and he bored to finish it.
I mean, he started to do it, left some words didn't translated and as he usually do didn't finished his work. That's the reason why I translated it with the begin
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Фев 08, 2016 11:34     Заголовок сообщения:

I spent 10 min to take a break with a cup of tea and had good time. Abd now we have decent part of task done. So dont tell me about getting job done. You have no need to do it manually if you can provide proper motivation.
Abou bugbear translation consider 'theirselves' instead of 'yourself'. About rest it is good enough.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index