на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Genesis Modding questions

pitagora

Боец

Свитков: 15
С нами с: 01.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 24, 2013 16:30     Заголовок сообщения:

then how about this:
make a new building that has all other buildings' bonuses included and the same applies to the price.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 24, 2013 17:32     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
then how about this:
make a new building that has all other buildings' bonuses included and the same applies to the price.

I think a building cannot have more then 10 boni, but I'm not really sure. Also some boni contradict one another, and most of them are event probability changes.
Btw, I don't think province building can have more then one prerequisite.

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 26, 2014 0:41     Заголовок сообщения:

how can i increase the buildings in provinces above 3 then?
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 26, 2014 15:00     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
how can i increase the buildings in provinces above 3 then?

Well, you can't.
No more than 3 buildings per province.

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 01, 2014 15:39     Заголовок сообщения:

how can i increase the drop rate of items?
and where are the schematics? they drop very rare and couldn't find them in the item list
also how can i make a schematic building to become a building that i can build as many times i want, like granary, mill sawmill and others?
   dasdsad

Шаман

Свитков: 23
С нами с: 19.11.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 28, 2015 10:16     Заголовок сообщения:

I would like to look into abilities, spells, traits, etc. and changing them. I haven't managed to find any code indexed for those sections.

I'm also wondering about making some number changes to things. For example: Changing the morale loss for when an adjacent unit dies from 1 to 2. Even if I have to go into the C++ it would probably just be a matter of identifying the code and changing a 1 to a 2, and it happens that I have Eclipse set up and have a learnt a minor amount of C++ programming.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 28, 2015 14:21     Заголовок сообщения:

Spells are almost fully softcoded. Look for spells.var.
Abilities are hardcoded, and the respective var only lists them, but there is much you can do by just rearranging skills or changing their values. Do you have something exact in mind?

Шаман

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 29, 2015 9:39     Заголовок сообщения:

"Spells are almost fully softcoded. Look for spells.var.
Abilities are hardcoded, and the respective var only lists them, but there is much you can do by just rearranging skills or changing their values."

I see that I can change parameters in the var, but the thing is I don't know what the parameters are for. I could always experiment to find out (probably the most practical way in this situation) but I was also thinking about looking at the code in case it turned out to be more convenient.

"Do you have something exact in mind? "

Well right now I'm in more of a "scouting" phase and just wanted to check things out. I'm also thinking about what changes I might like to make. I am thinking about increasing morale decrements for nearby allies killed though, putting a permanent -1 stamina per turn on some units, and reducing all speeds and ranges by 1 (except for those which are already 1).

I'm pretty sure I easily know how to do all of that (though the implementation might not be the greatest) except for the first part.

Well, in the unlikely event you are interested in my early musings and tossing ideas around with me, you can read the waffle below. Otherwise, you might not want to bother with the rest of this post (just though I'd try and save you some time). Very Happy

As I said earlier, right now I'm just exploring, tinkering and coming up with stuff. I'm thinking about changing how battles are often entirely determined by who has higher initiative:

Archmage goes first, blows up enemy hero on first turn. Sniper goes first, kills enemy hero on first turn. Similarly for commanders and warriors. If a commander goes first his shooters can wipe out the enemy hero on his first turn (Shooters aren't the only means for this). If a warrior goes first he can have his units kill one blocker after which he can dash across the entire battlefield and kill the enemy hero in a single strike.

I'm not saying it's always like that and I'm not sure there aren't already ways to change things. Perhaps there's some item with a reincarnation passive, for example.

I'm also thinking about making things a bit more dependent on the moves you make in combat rather than what you bring to the battle field. Take morale for instance, it seems like it's a bit of a non-issue if there are no morale reducing spells or abilities brought to the battle. In such cases it seems one might as well ignore morale entirely* most of the time as it hardly ever goes below 6. I'm wondering if it might not be better if morale can be influenced more by the moves you make. So, for example, a skilful tactician might maximise morale loss for the enemy by killing his units when they have many units adjacent to them, with this resulting in an enemy force that is significantly weakened, perhaps with some enemies even reduced to "scared"\"panic" status. For this I might, for example, want to increase morale loss for adjacent unit deaths from 1 to say 3.

I'm considering somewhat similar changes for stamina. I might go into the BF var and increase the stamina hits for the various terrains. This way, even if you didn't come to battle with fatigue, stunning shot, etc. a skillful commander might still exhaust his enemies by leading them through swamps and hills. This will be a much easier change to make than increasing morale hits.

I will say though that it's not as bad I make things sound. If both sides are equipped with morale\stamina increasing\reducing abilities then things can get more interesting. If both sides don't though, then morale\stamina aren't much of a concern.

(*It can be useful to bash wimps to get morale up before a serious battle but it seems like that's about it. And that you can do that isn't necessarily a good thing since in multiplayer it could lead to morale reducing strategies being pretty useless for big battles since everybody's already got their morale sky high from bashing weaklings.)

Of course, one exception is mixing alignment, and there may be others.

Finally, I'm thinking about making the battlefield a "bigger place". I know, I know, increasing the number of hexes is impossible. But have you ever heard people saying things like: "the development of passenger aircraft made the world a smaller place". Well, how about the reverse? By reducing all speeds and ranges (maybe even reducing troop numbers), perhaps one might make the battle field something of a bigger place?

In any case, there will probably be some fun in tinkering.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 29, 2015 10:13     Заголовок сообщения:

dasdsad писал(а):
I see that I can change parameters in the var, but the thing is I don't know what the parameters are for. I could always experiment to find out (probably the most practical way in this situation) but I was also thinking about looking at the code in case it turned out to be more convenient.
Well code is kind of compilled, so looking at it is inconvenient at best. Some parametres for vanilla are here. Spell.var doesn't really have any indexes, it just points to ability_num.var for abilities to affect and specifies the magnitude and duration of effect. There are some quirks, though, so beware. The main body of a spell should be pretty straightforward, but if it's not, I can comment it here.
As for stamina and morale, the best way for you to get where you want would be to reduce all stamina and morale unit bases and gains by like a third. And when ajusting the spells, of course. It can be done without meddling with the core, unlike increasing the penalties.

Шаман

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 29, 2015 15:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks for replying! I think I might be learning first hand how people being nice on the boards can encourage modding. Smile

"As for stamina and morale, the best way for you to get where you want would be to reduce all stamina and morale unit bases and gains by like a third. And when ajusting the spells, of course. It can be done without meddling with the core, unlike increasing the penalties."

Yeah, I was thinking of that sort of thing as well. But, for example, in the case of stamina one might not want to lower stamina overall to make movement more costly because they, for example, might not want fighting to be more costly as well. Fortunately, in bf_object.var you can change the movement costs for tiles directly. I'm thinking some people might have missed that when going through the vars because the file name doesn't tell much.
   J8

Лучник

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 08.10.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 08, 2015 16:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello Smile

I looked into modding Eador a bit and it seems pretty easy. So far I just wanted to experiment with changing stats of units, heroes, buildings and such, without adding anything new. I have a couple of questions:

Is there something like: http://eador.online.fr/en/ but for vanilla Eador? Basically I'm looking for a way to quickly look up unit abilities/upgrades without searching for them in another file.

Do I understand unit upgrades correctly? If it's something like 1,4 2,4 3,2 on level 1 then the game chooses randomly from 10 "chances" (4+4+2) among 3 upgrades, then if the next level has 1,4 4,4, 5,2 it ignores what was chosen on level 1 and adds +4+4+2 to the two upgrades not chosen on level1? In other words, upgrades that were not rolled/chosen on the level they first appear then can still appear with the same base chance on every level after that, but the real chance is lower because there are more upgrades to choose from? Also if there's 1,4 on level 1 and 3 do they cumulate to 1,8 or two separate 1,4? I assume they cumulate.

Any editor recommended for editing .var? I'm doing fine with notepad so far, but it's probably not ideal?

What CAN'T I change by editing .var? I just had a quick look, but it seems like I can change most of the stats in base game just by changing numbers with notepad.

If I add already existing spells or abilities to units that don't have them (for example blessing to healer or double shot to halfling) will AI be able to use them?

Is there a trainer that would allow me to spawn and level up units for testing?
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 08, 2015 19:36     Заголовок сообщения:

J8 писал(а):
Is there something like: http://eador.online.fr/en/ but for vanilla Eador?
You could always try this.
J8 писал(а):
Do I understand unit upgrades correctly? If it's something like 1,4 2,4 3,2 on level 1 then the game chooses randomly from 10 "chances" (4+4+2) among 3 upgrades, then if the next level has 1,4 4,4, 5,2 it ignores what was chosen on level 1 and adds +4+4+2 to the two upgrades not chosen on level1? In other words, upgrades that were not rolled/chosen on the level they first appear then can still appear with the same base chance on every level after that, but the real chance is lower because there are more upgrades to choose from? Also if there's 1,4 on level 1 and 3 do they cumulate to 1,8 or two separate 1,4? I assume they cumulate.
Two separate. And you're like the first man to get it on the fist go. Congrats, I guess.
J8 писал(а):
Any editor recommended for editing .var? I'm doing fine with notepad so far, but it's probably not ideal?
Fine with me.
J8 писал(а):
What CAN'T I change by editing .var? I just had a quick look, but it seems like I can change most of the stats in base game just by changing numbers with notepad.
One could write a book on the subject. Ask what you want exactly and I will answer to the best of my ability.
J8 писал(а):
If I add already existing spells or abilities to units that don't have them (for example blessing to healer or double shot to halfling) will AI be able to use them?
Yes it will! Notice, though, that what you add to the unit is the UPGRADE which gives the ABILITY to cast the SPELL. Might be tricky at first.
J8 писал(а):
Is there a trainer that would allow me to spawn and level up units for testing?
Try holding the B key as the game loads. During the battle hold the U key and click the menu button for spawning menu.

Лучник

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 08.10.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Окт 08, 2015 20:30     Заголовок сообщения:

Thanks for help!

Kettarienne писал(а):
You could always try this.

I know this one. My problem is that I open units.var and I see something like "Lvl 01 upgrades: (1, 4; 30, 4; 33, 3; 7, 1)", and I have to look up what 1, 30, 33 and 7 mean in unit_upg. Which is alright, but takes a lot of time.

Цитата:
One could write a book on the subject. Ask what you want exactly and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Nothing yet to be honest, I'm just starting. Will ask if I think of something I can't find in .var.

Цитата:
Yes it will! Notice, though, that what you add to the unit is the UPGRADE which gives the ABILITY to cast the SPELL. Might be tricky at first.

Ah, so more or less what I thought, like the faerie gets the heal spell by upgrade. I'm going to experiment with it a little.
   pitagora

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 07, 2016 23:20     Заголовок сообщения:

i see that in new horizon there where added some buildings upgrades. how did they limit the buildings build for the trade quarter(item selling building)?
is there a way to remove the limit of buildings build per level?
i cant seem to find in any var files, maybe i missed something?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Фев 07, 2016 23:23     Заголовок сообщения:

build_group.var

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 10, 2016 21:31     Заголовок сообщения:

Arkitekt писал(а):
build_group.var

thanks. but now i have other problems: limited slots for units, limited slots for spells, and limited slots for shop in castle.

is there any way to change any of these things?
introduce a scroll or something is possible in this game for inventory or other shops?
or maybe i can delete some items made available(like workshop o forge which are junk later in the game) when i build a certain buildings(like master blacksmith or any other trade building)?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Фев 10, 2016 22:27     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
introduce a scroll or something is possible in this game for inventory or other shops?

Adding new slots to castle screen may demand engine patching. It is not the thing you'd want to do.

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Фев 11, 2016 23:18     Заголовок сообщения:

are the bonuses in inner_build.var cumulative or they get replaced with the new bonus from the next building upgrade?
ex: crystal, reduces hero hire cost. if i change the last building from the tree only that one matters? the others before it are overwrote with the last one?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 12, 2016 0:14     Заголовок сообщения:

pitagora писал(а):
are the bonuses in inner_build.var cumulative or they get replaced with the new bonus from the next building upgrade?

I think they are cumulative. Not 100% sure though.

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Фев 12, 2016 9:57     Заголовок сообщения:

can someone explain some labels in quest.var?
i understand most of it, except under objectives. can't seem to be able to modify the scrolls quests.
what are indexes param an so forth for?
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index