на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.70 discussion thread

Emre

Дозорный

Свитков: 39
С нами с: 11.06.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2017 17:31     Заголовок сообщения:

Anyone knows if the last version fix this levelling issue?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 23, 2017 22:41     Заголовок сообщения:

Emre писал(а):
Anyone knows if the last version fix this leveling issue?

You're asking if the bug where AI armies level up way too fast is fixed in 17.1001.b01?
The change log doesn't seem to mention that, as far as I can tell.

***ИСПРАВЛЕНИЯ***

Исправлен баг с отображением награды в виде договора за выполненный квест "Потерявшийся крысолюд".
Навык "Уклонение" больше не срабатывает от магического выстрела.
Исправлены найденные ошибки и опечатки игры.
Поправлена индексация картинок для предметов.
ИИ теперь корректно распознаёт массовые призывы и поднятия нежити.
Поправлен баг с неправильным распознаванием тайлов при использовании способности "Удар и возврат", а также воздействие способностей "Калечащий удар" и "Корни" на воина при использовании им "Удара и возврата".
Исправлена ошибочная возможность одновременно активировать "Удар и возврат" и "Круговую атаку".
   NocturnalCarnivore

Ратник

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 28.12.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 15, 2018 22:43     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
mg979 писал(а):
- spell Mass Bless gave me a bonus like +5 to all attributes on all units

233. Mass Bless
#Circle 3.
School: Sacred Magic.
Increases Attacks, Defenses, and Resistance of all friendly units by 1. Lasts 5 turns.
Effect increases with the caster's Spellpower.
The spell has no effect on undead and demons.#

So I assume your Hero had 4 Spellpower?

This may not be a "bug" in the software sense as it is working as designed, but it is certainly game-breaking in the balance sense. My archmage found this spell and shortly thereafter got up to his full 6 spellpower. He could cast this spell to give his army of militia and slingers +7 to all attributes and then wander off to crochet a sweater for the rest of the battle. It got to the point that I would not cast it for any but the hardest battles because it ruined challenge for me. One level 3 spell should not be a 14-point swing in your army's favor. To compare, a Commander at the climax of his career can give his troops what, an 8 point swing in their favor? And that's basically all he does. This spell should not let my militia survive the enemy chieftain, let alone beat him up! If it gave up to a 2-3 point increase in all attributes at best, that would make it comparable to spells of its level. The normal level 1 bless spell grows at half the rate, so the top-tier spellpower version can give +4 to all attributes or an 8-point swing, which is comparable to the top Commander benefit.

The level 1 spell H3x has the same problem: I can strip 7 from all defenses and prevent healing, making the enemy Warrior (or Chieftain, etc.) naked and even easier for my militiaman to clobber. It shouldn't ever be twice as good as Vulnerability with extra effects.

Boon947 писал(а):
mg979 писал(а):
- shock spell (sacred magic), description says "damage increases significantly for lower karma", sure it was meant higher karma? Since it's sacred magic not necromancy

300. Shock
#Circle 1.
Inflicts 3 points of magic damage to the target. Only affects evil creatures, damage increases significantly for lower karma.
Damage increases slightly with the caster's Spellpower. Resistance protects only partially against this spell. Magic immunity does not apply.#

Original text was:
Урон наносится только существам с кармой ниже положительной и значительно усиливается при снижении кармы.

Basically, the more evil the target (lower karma), the greater the damage.

Do you see a better way to phrase that?
Everyone keeps saying "target" when referring to this issue, so just include the word "target" in the description and it will be perfectly clear. "Inflicts 3 points of magic damage to the target. Only affects evil creatures, damage increases significantly for lower karma targets."

I think I found a bug: The event "a statue of an ancient god of luck has appeared in the middle of the city square overnight" always has a bomb in it. Every single time (out of about a dozen trials on different shards) that this event appears and I chose the "Arrange a proper festival. (-100 gold )" option, I get the "the city square resembles a crater" outcome and have to pay another 300 gold for repairs (or some other options like executing the governor.) Must have added an event path and not properly checked the probability or conditions that lead to it. Can someone inform the Russian devs to look into it please? If I choose to "Break the statue! It's the work of our enemies!" then usually nothing happens, but once or twice I got an item, so that path appears to be working.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 16, 2018 1:21     Заголовок сообщения:

NocturnalCarnivore писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
mg979 писал(а):
- spell Mass Bless gave me a bonus like +5 to all attributes on all units

233. Mass Bless
#Circle 3.
Increases Attacks, Defenses, and Resistance of all friendly units by 1. Lasts 5 turns.
Effect increases with the caster's Spellpower.
The spell has no effect on undead and demons.#

So I assume your Hero had 4 Spellpower?

This may not be a "bug" in the software sense as it is working as designed, but it is certainly game-breaking in the balance sense. My archmage found this spell and shortly thereafter got up to his full 6 spellpower. He could cast this spell to give his army of militia and slingers +7 to all attributes and then wander off to crochet a sweater for the rest of the battle. It got to the point that I would not cast it for any but the hardest battles because it ruined challenge for me. One level 3 spell should not be a 14-point swing in your army's favor. To compare, a Commander at the climax of his career can give his troops what, an 8 point swing in their favor? And that's basically all he does. This spell should not let my militia survive the enemy chieftain, let alone beat him up! If it gave up to a 2-3 point increase in all attributes at best, that would make it comparable to spells of its level. The normal level 1 bless spell grows at half the rate, so the top-tier spellpower version can give +4 to all attributes or an 8-point swing, which is comparable to the top Commander benefit.

The level 1 spell H3x has the same problem: I can strip 7 from all defenses and prevent healing, making the enemy Warrior (or Chieftain, etc.) naked and even easier for my militiaman to clobber. It shouldn't ever be twice as good as Vulnerability with extra effects.

Try the following:

- open spell.var in a text editor
- scroll to entry 233 (Mass Bless)
- change PowerMod from 100 to 50.

IIUC, this will limit the Spellpower bonus to 50% (so 1 + 6/2 = 4).
You might also reduce the spell's duration.

Regards.
   NocturnalCarnivore

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 16, 2018 3:36     Заголовок сообщения:

Hey that's great, I can simply balance a bunch of other spells this way too! Thanks.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Янв 17, 2018 12:03     Заголовок сообщения:

NocturnalCarnivore писал(а):
I think I found a bug: The event "a statue of an ancient god of luck has appeared in the middle of the city square overnight" always has a bomb in it. Every single time (out of about a dozen trials on different shards) that this event appears and I chose the "Arrange a proper festival. (-100 gold )" option, I get the "the city square resembles a crater" outcome and have to pay another 300 gold for repairs (or some other options like executing the governor.) Must have added an event path and not properly checked the probability or conditions that lead to it. Can someone inform the Russian devs to look into it please? If I choose to "Break the statue! It's the work of our enemies!" then usually nothing happens, but once or twice I got an item, so that path appears to be working.

Did you ever see this bug in 2.60, or did it only start happening in 2.70?

2.60 is documented here:
https://wortkarg.bitbucket.io/eadoropedia/en/events.html#289

Event 289 option 1 leads to event 290, all is well.

/289 (Хорошие предзнаменовения - главное)
Answer1: 290
Answer2: 291
Answer3: 13;

In 2.70, the choices were indeed modified.

/289 (Хорошие предзнаменовения - главное)
Answer1: 1862
Answer2: 291
Answer3: 13;

/1862 (Хорошие предзнаменовения - праздник, вилка)
*Effects*:
Index: 11
Power: 290
Param1: 1863
Param2: 30;

Index 11: calls event Power (If Param1>0, calls event Param1 if Random(100)>Param2 (Param1<0 - don't call))

Jump to event 1863 (the bomb) 30% of the time, otherwise jump to event 290 (as before)

/1863 (Хорошие предзнаменовения - праздник, бомба)
Dialog: 2408
#During the celebration, a powerful explosion rips the main square apart! Many people are dead, even more are injured and maimed. The main square now resembles more a crater than a town square.#

Are you saying that you ALWAYS get the bomb?

You can go back to the old dialog like this:
- open event.var
- scroll to entry 289
- replace Answer1: 1862 with Answer1: 290

Regards.
   NocturnalCarnivore

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 30, 2018 9:47     Заголовок сообщения:

Indeed, I can reproduce that bomb 100% of the time (did it a couple more times to be sure, over a dozen total.)

I looked in events.var event /289 before seeing your reply, but wasn't able to understand how the events lead to one another, so this explanation helps a lot. It's weird, because similar events with randomized outcomes do work.

I tried reversing the order in the random branch /1862 to:
/1862 (Хорошие предзнаменовения - праздник, вилка)
*Effects*:
Index: 11
Power: 1863
Param1: 290
Param2: 70;

Since there aren't any dialog answers associated with this event, switching the outcomes and doing the inverse probability should have been the same. Then every time the event came up (out of only a few trials) I chose the option to "Arrange a proper festival. (-100 gold )"
But this way I sometimes get the bomb, and at least half the time I get nothing - the event simply disappears with no further dialog window.

I upgraded to v2.80 and I see the same behavior: most of the time paying the 100 gold for a festival doesn't show any other window but just disappears. I double-checked my backup from v2.60 and original Eador to make sure that it didn't ever have further dialog in that choice, so this is now working as intended. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index