на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.70 discussion thread

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 29, 2017 0:59     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
Again, thanks so much to Boon947. You are wonderful, and we appreciate the work you do.

You are most welcome Smile
Thanks also to Алексей for creating this awesome game, and to the NH team for improving it, and to the previous translators.
Regards.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 29, 2017 1:09     Заголовок сообщения:

manio писал(а):
New registered member here but i play NH for almost 1 and half years. Fantastic work, praises to everyone involved in its creation and translation of this great mod.
Ironically, it was the first game to download and install in my new beast-PC Laughing

a) So i can confirm that game crashes after i hover my mouse over Astral Thief icon on spellbook while on battlefield. I tested both on my lvl 3 mage and lvl 22 marshal. It doesn't seem to crash when i hover over while in stronghold though, which is strange. Any fixes or work-arounds?

b) Is there any way to check all the keyboard-extra commands , like clicking the units under a heroes army to rename them (which , after i searched i couldn't find it as a listed change at http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2935), or holding ALT and click on spells to get a copy of it as a scroll and such? I think i am missing some commands since i don't know Russian and google translate doesn't work that effectively.

You are lucky that NH is playable on your new PC, because many players have issues on fast computers. My CPU is 1.6 GHz, so no problem Wink

a) Unfortunately, I can't do anything about this crash, because I don't have access to the source code. IIUC, Jazz has promised a fix some time ago, but I don't know when it would be available.

b) I might have some free time in April to translate the release notes Smile

Regards.
   manio

Копьеносец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 28.03.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 29, 2017 2:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Thank you Boon for the reply!

Yea, i had to create a new power plan at power options of my PC and throttled the CPU at 30% or else game had glitched sound Razz

Also i run on another bug. If you get the event where a mage appears in your castle to reward you because he made peace with his wife (they were argued and he finally realized he was the one at fault, not her) (i don't remember which action triggered this, but he gave me a tier 4 scroll) immediately after a fight finishes, game crashes. You have to retreat the encounter for event to complete normally.

....and i just realized i play for 14 hours straight!

Shocked Shocked
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 31, 2017 3:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, and thanks to Boon947 for switching the music back. The "Gods" intro music is so, so much better... really gets me in the mood to play!

Максим, about the exploration thing... are you sure it's always been that way? I've been playing this for years and years, and it has been a tried and true strategy of mine to sometimes choose "retreat" from an encounter which is slightly tough when I'm right about to level because that tiny bit of exploration would level up my hero right on the spot and make the encounter easier the next turn. I solemnly swear that I used to do that all the time, and it worked. But now, I can't do it. It's definitely a change in my strategy. You might be right, but it would really be a shock to me.

I'd test it with an old build, but I can't play at all right now, as I've said. My new beast-machine just will not run it. The "run in multiple windows" tip did at least make a bit of a difference... thanks for that tip, Максим... but it's still not enough. Even throttling the CPU all the way back to 10% does nothing. Are there really no other solutions besides cpu throttling and multiple windows? We've been dealing with this huge bug for years and years... I was kind of hoping that someone had come up with something in all of this time. It's not just the sound stuttering... the whole game is stuttering several times per second. IS there anything that might be on the Russian forums about this that hasn't made it over to our side?
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 31, 2017 10:54     Заголовок сообщения:

It was working like that since alpha, just back in the days there wasnt so much sites so you probably almost always ran into empty lands exploration.
Just some facts to know. This game was done by one person, who honestly is not the best programmer in the world as he said himself) It was written on outdated even back at that days library and it was waaaaay long ago. Consideration that "it may not work on fast PCs properly" wasnt taked into account because he had no ideas it would be a problem - in that days there wasnt PC with characteristics like now, and internal library didnt support anything newer then it was created officially. Multi-core CPU, faster then 1.6GHz - forget about it, it wasnt a thing for that. So, the only solution that would help more then this tricks which users were searching for years is to completely rewrite the game with new library and I will not believe someone will make it. Developer has his new game on hand (Gremlins Inc, pretty cool honestly) and I dont think he even care about this one, it will not give you any money, and, to be honest, it maybe even agains copyright law
   Lucas Siqueira

Лучник

Свитков: 3
С нами с: 01.05.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 01, 2017 1:15     Заголовок сообщения: github

Hi

Thanks for your work translating NH.

I've checked gitbhub and it looks like it's still at 2.70a, is that right?

I'm planning to fork and put my mod mod at it...

Последний раз редактировалось: Lucas Siqueira (Пн Апр 17, 2017 6:42), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 01, 2017 23:50     Заголовок сообщения:

In spell.var, what does it mean for the Building requirement to be negative?

In 16.0901.f01
Код:
Name: Eternal Light;
Building: -60
Name: Scourge of Chaos;
Building: -266
Name: Legacy of Chaos;
Name: Primal Rage;
Building: -283
Name: Temptation of Chaos;
Building: -283
Name: Banner of Chaos;
Building: -284

In the previous version, 15.1231.f01
Код:
Name: Suicide;
Building: -133
Name: Insanity;
Building: -136
Name: Geyser;
Building: -132
Name: Summon Lord of Abyss;
Building: -176
Name: Levitation;
Building: -19
Name: Enchanted Weapon;
Building: -134
Name: Titan's Strength;
Building: -177
Name: Unrest;
Building: -137
Name: Higher Power;
Building: -173
Name: Heroism;
Building: -81
Name: Cat's Reflexes;
Building: -23
Name: Mass Life Drain;
Building: -174
Name: Demon Blood;
Building: -84
Name: Chaos Surge;
Building: -24
Name: Fearlessness;
Building: -21
Name: Feebleness;
Building: -82
Name: Battle Cry;
Building: -85
Name: Burden;
Building: -80
Name: Stone Crust;
Building: -83
Name: Elemental Immunity;
Building: -175
Name: Confusion;
Building: -178
Name: Soul Trap;
Building: -22
Name: Summon Mephit;
Building: -20
Name: Shock;
Building: -33
Name: Eternal Light;
Building: -60
Name: Heaven's Rage;
Building: -135
Name: Scourge of Chaos;
Name: Legacy of Chaos;
Name: Primal Rage;
Name: Temptation of Chaos;
Name: Banner of Chaos;
Building: -285

Regards.
   mg979

Боец

Свитков: 8
С нами с: 21.04.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 21, 2017 23:04     Заголовок сообщения:

I registered to report some bugs:

- spell Mass Bless gave me a bonus like +5 to all attributes on all units
- the new harpy ability "hit and run", if the harpy attacks and dies because of counterattack, the hexagon where she started is permanently "full", even if empty
- shock spell (sacred magic), description says "damage increases significantly for lower karma", sure it was meant higher karma? Since it's sacred magic not necromancy

I also agree that metamorphoses should be Wizardry or Sorcery, there's no harm in keeping one old name if it fits better.

I still despise deeply the new half-demon gnolls, why you don't make an new faction, "possessed" or "demons spawn" that has this reincarnating ability? They could be like cultists. Please bring back old gnolls with runes.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 21, 2017 23:11     Заголовок сообщения:

1. And what mass bless should do?
2. Ability is bugged really heavy, better not even use harpies and dont attack them. It also disrupt the animation sometimes or playing it on different tile then the one that harpy is staying on
3. It depends on target karma, not yours. So if you will attack paladin you will have less damage then using it on demon, because demon is more evil and have lower karma

Runes weren't working properly, easily abusable and it seems like developers just couldnt come out how to fix it and ditch it out. Also they tend to never rework something they've done already
   mg979

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 21, 2017 23:29     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
1. And what mass bless should do?
Runes weren't working properly, easily abusable and it seems like developers just couldnt come out how to fix it and ditch it out. Also they tend to never rework something they've done already

Normal bless is +1 to all attributes for one unit, mass bless why +5? It's a huge bonus. All units with over 20 attack and 10 defense for a 3rd level spell isn't normal.
I never noticed problems with runes, all I know is that I don't like reincarnating gnolls, but maybe I'm the only one? Runes fitted them much better, I think.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 22, 2017 0:00     Заголовок сообщения:

Because developers dont know the word "balance"? I mean, for real, even normal bless with spellpower can bring up for about +5-10 for all stats.
The problem with runes was that you can combain them in the way that the resulting gnoll would be insanely OP. They wasnt that good one by one, but with 3 of them chosen right you can do whatever you want after. And because of the minus morale I believe game were crashing. Developers team become a little bit smaller after gnolls, you are not alone. Should you expect it back? I wouldnt, it never happend that they revert something back
   mg979

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 22, 2017 0:43     Заголовок сообщения:

Then it's increase from spellpower? I think it should not increase, +1 to everything is good enough, there was +2 stamina before and it was also good. Mass attack/defense are for bigger increase, but I didn't find them yet.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 22, 2017 0:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Yes, for some reasons they decided that it's cool to give a normal spellpower increase for buffs even though it could go up to insane numbers with wizard class and multiclass. Not to add current defense/offense system already broken from the vanilla and there is no better stat then defence (melee, range, res, all kind of) because of how it work
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 22, 2017 18:04     Заголовок сообщения: Re: github

Lucas Siqueira писал(а):
I've checked gitbhub and it looks like it's still at 2.70a, is that right?
I'm planning to fork and put my mod mod at it...

Hello Lucas,

Sorry, I had missed your message. I've just pushed 2.70b to github.
https://github.com/Boon947/eador/commit/d0215613641ad0b256ba3ebe9b30582d52493fea

Please be aware that I sometimes rewrite git history Smile

If you need something, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards.

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Сб Апр 22, 2017 18:48), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 22, 2017 18:38     Заголовок сообщения:

mg979 писал(а):
I registered to report some bugs:

Cool, it's always nice to meet new players! Smile

mg979 писал(а):

233. Mass Bless
#Circle 3.
School: Sacred Magic.
Increases Attacks, Defenses, and Resistance of all friendly units by 1. Lasts 5 turns.
Effect increases with the caster's Spellpower.
The spell has no effect on undead and demons.#

So I assume your Hero had 4 Spellpower?

mg979 писал(а):
- the new harpy ability "hit and run", if the harpy attacks and dies because of counterattack, the hexagon where she started is permanently "full", even if empty

Sadly, nothing I can do about that. Let's hope the Russian devs still monitor this thread...

mg979 писал(а):
- shock spell (sacred magic), description says "damage increases significantly for lower karma", sure it was meant higher karma? Since it's sacred magic not necromancy

300. Shock
#Circle 1.
School: Sacred Magic.
Inflicts 3 points of magic damage to the target. Only affects evil creatures, damage increases significantly for lower karma.
Damage increases slightly with the caster's Spellpower. Resistance protects only partially against this spell. Magic immunity does not apply.#

Original text was:
Урон наносится только существам с кармой ниже положительной и значительно усиливается при снижении кармы.

Basically, the more evil the target (lower karma), the greater the damage.

Do you see a better way to phrase that?

Regards.
   mg979

Боец

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Апр 22, 2017 22:09     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

mg979 писал(а):

So I assume your Hero had 4 Spellpower?

In reality it was a Priest (commander+mage) and I din't increase spellpower at all.

Boon947 писал(а):

Basically, the more evil the target (lower karma), the greater the damage.
Do you see a better way to phrase that?

Maybe "damage increases significantly against evil targets"? Or "low karma of target"?
   matod

Главарь

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 17.08.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мая 21, 2017 10:55     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello ,
can you please post full change log - difference between 2.6 and 2.7 versions?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Июн 10, 2017 19:39     Заголовок сообщения:

matod писал(а):
Can you please post full change log - difference between 2.6 and 2.7 versions?

Change logs are (at last) available here:
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=296093#296093 (16.0901)
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=296386#296386 (16.0901.f01)
Regards.
   Eddy

Копьеносец

Свитков: 1
С нами с: 27.07.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Июл 27, 2017 14:02     Заголовок сообщения:

Hey Boon947, do you know if anything is being done to fix the insane leveling of ai heroes, especially commanders? Or is it being left in for balance reasons, to make it more challenging?

Also do you know how to launch the game in windowed mode?

Thanks for the amazing work you're doing, i'm loving the mod and i appreciate it that it is translated to english <3
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 05, 2017 11:37     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello Eddy,

Eddy писал(а):
Hey Boon947, do you know if anything is being done to fix the insane leveling of AI heroes,
especially commanders? Or is it being left in for balance reasons, to make it more challenging?

AFAIU, the Russian devs are aware of the bug where AI armies level up way too fast
(which has plagued the game for several versions) but have been unable to fix it Sad

Eddy писал(а):
Also do you know how to launch the game in windowed mode?

Change "Windowed (0 - off/1 - on): 0" in Eador.cfg

Regards.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index