на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.70 discussion thread

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 06, 2017 1:04     Заголовок сообщения:

Astral Thief issue has been confirmed on the Russian bug reporting forum.
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=292540#292540
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 06, 2017 3:23     Заголовок сообщения:

I said a while ago that current release is not what you call "good quality". And the stupidiest part is that developers pretty much ignored messages about bugs or had infamous "its problem on your own side we dont confirm it". Taking players as mindless idiots basically. It was kinda fixed with the last fast patch but still contain unhealthy amount of shit inside
   Awakened the Omnipotent

Волшебник

Свитков: 93
С нами с: 07.02.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 06, 2017 5:45     Заголовок сообщения:

True. Максим Некромант is right. Mod became something more like art. The artist sees it that way. If you don't like it, you just do not understand, you are too stupid. So, if there are no glitches or crashes, then it's all fine.
Yes jazz is a busy man, but not quite so much:

Добавлено: Вт Фев(February) 14, 2017 16:18          

Jazz писал(а):
Awakened the Omnipotent писал(а):

да я и не расстраиваюсь, я делаю мод к игре, которую джаз сам считает мёртвой, и на форуме которой я забанен Laughing

Тебя забанили, друг мой ситный, уже в который раз причём, по очень простой причине.
А Джазз и не скрывал, что со сменой работы времени сильно убавилось, что, впрочем, не мешает при наличии оного пилить потихоньку патчи и обновы. Вон вчера бету новую выдал.
(*And Jazz did not hide the fact that the change of the work, free time much diminished, that, however, does not interfere in the presence thereof to cut slowly the patches and update. Out yesterday a new beta is issued)
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 06, 2017 21:34     Заголовок сообщения:

I have a news, this changes into spells come to the game because developers didnt see any logic in previous system (vanilla as example). Having a lot of spells doing the same thing in different schools and the same schools with different names is definetely have more logic. If someone will explain me Metamorphoses pretend to do I would highly appreciate this. Because I only saw this word in context of mutation or transforming into another creature (butterfly). Astral magic also makes no sense for me. Astral is for Masters, it can affect entire shards, not freaking 8 stamina to the one soldier... Oh, and the best part the real reason was because fireball was in Wyzardry and not in Elemental magic. Almost solidly because of this they remake the whole names and school affinities to spells. And they call ot logic. While every single change for last 2 years I can only name as wish fullfillment
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 06, 2017 22:54     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим,

I don't understand your last message. I sense irony and anger. Is it directed at me?
If it is directed at Jazz and/or Awakened, I would have expected you to write in Russian.
So I am quite confused.

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Мар 06, 2017 23:07     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Максим,

I don't understand your last message. I sense irony and anger. Is it directed at me?
If it is directed at Jazz and/or Awakened, I would have expected you to write in Russian.
So I am quite confused.

Regards.

It was just a result from conversation on russian part. Since you cant read it and others here asked why old spell is now for some reason has different name. The answer is - because they wanted to change spells.
Why I'm even doing this? Because english community have brains and can listen to others opinion. I pretty much lost any hope in russian community, almost everyone with signs of mind gone already. Because they cant find any logic in developers actions
   Awakened the Omnipotent

Волшебник

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мар 07, 2017 5:11     Заголовок сообщения:

I think Максим is trying to say that not all Russian users liked the latest patches. Mostly, because the purpose of the patch is no longer to make the game better, but to show something new. Like art. Add something new, even if game become worse. And one part of community (the largest one) happy to see new things, like viewers on the stream, and the other one part (the lesser one as I think) see no logic in changes, and overall disbalance. And jazz with team simply ignore the second part of community.
   jamotide

Шаман

Свитков: 30
С нами с: 03.07.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мар 07, 2017 17:33     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

If I understand correctly, Метаморфозы is plural?
metamorphoses is the plural of metamorphosis.
Do you think metamorphosis fits better?

I'd go with the singular since the other schools also use the singular.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мар 07, 2017 17:39     Заголовок сообщения:

jamotide писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):

If I understand correctly, Метаморфозы is plural?
metamorphoses is the plural of metamorphosis.
Do you think metamorphosis fits better?

I'd go with the singular since the other schools also use the singular.

The thing is, in russian there is no sense to use it not as plural. It sounds... weird. I mean, the word itself is weird as hell, no one even uses it (if you are not biologist) anywhere. To be completely honest, I would ignore renaming as the whole. Would be better if boon create a poll so actual players can vote do they agree that new school names are better or revert to old ones.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 08, 2017 2:20     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
To be completely honest, I would ignore renaming as the whole. Would be better if boon create a poll so actual players can vote do they agree that new school names are better or revert to old ones.

The translation tool I use breaks input up into short "segments" (typically a sentence, or a line).
It's not always easy to see where a segment fits in the bigger picture.

Nevertheless, let's take a look at the differences between 2.60 and 2.70
https://github.com/Boon947/eador/commit/7992cbc0429a4eeaa9f9da40f5e11dc5922abb71

Wizardry -> Metamorphoses, Elemental Magic
Sorcery -> Astral Magic, Metamorphoses, Natural Magic
Looks like the spells were shuffled into new categories.

Are you asking to rename Metamorphoses into Wizardry? or Sorcery?
Doesn't seem so clear-cut to me Sad

Regards.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 08, 2017 2:41     Заголовок сообщения:

There was wizardry, sorcery (i dont know how school with stoneskin, rain of stone and golem was translated), sacred, necromancy and chaos schools. Now there is one more (nature), wizardry become metamorphoses (still have no idea what this word should represent), sorcery become astral and spells were shuffled between all of them. What I suggest is to either stick to russian version (which is stupid at my sight) or ignore it and leave schools as they were before sticking to the buildings. Although I have no ideas what is the difference between elemental and... elemental?(the one who grants spells for fire/earth/water/air elementals) and sacred/praises it seems like they differ in terms of game logic even though they contain exactly the same spells, so it's 2 more schools but without building
And while in russian it was done without any question I simply suggest players here to choose do they want new names for magic schools and spells or they prefer old ones since what they will see is entirely on you as translator and developers have no influence over it
Oh dear god, why I even tried to read new spells descriptions, they make no sense and written by clueless idiot... no offense to translation though, not your fault. Why the hell they even touched spells...
   DS

Ратник

Свитков: 12
С нами с: 15.04.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мар 09, 2017 12:47     Заголовок сообщения:

Surgeon писал(а):
And what is the changelog in comparison to the Russian version.

I could not find it.

If you run
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2935
through google translate it's very easy to understand what changes between version.

As for metamorphosis, I have no idea what connotations Метаморфозы has in Russian but maybe it's supposed to be something like the transmutation spell school from D&D? So translating it to either metamorphosis or transmutation would be fine by me. Metamorphoses sounds awful in English so I'd stick to (the school of) metamorphosis. The problem with wizardry and sorcery is that it's basically the exact same thing, so I would go with translating the new names into English even if just because they're more distinct.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мар 09, 2017 15:54     Заголовок сообщения:

Just as I said before, the only connotation for Метаморфозы is biological process of turning one form of creature into second one in it's lifespan (just like caterpillar turn into butterfly) or used as synonym and there is no other that dont presented in english as well. And this word is never by anyone used in common talk, it's almost pure for biologist or if you are poet and you need rhyme. Also we have transmutation as well usually used in talking about alchemy.
As for wizardry/sorcery - you have a wizard, sorcerer, enchanter, conjurer and magician. This is волшебник, колдун, чародей, заклинатель, маг. And while in common talk it's all synonyms in some books or games this is distinctive classes with their own unic abilities and ways of using magic. And it maybe come from folklore, but usually sorcery is something that deal with your mind and soul, and not in a good way. While wizardry is just common use of magic. So it's not strange that developer of original game just sticked to this. He may choose name for schools as he wanted to be honest, but it's pretty common distinction between them in books.
If this disctinction makes no sense for english speakers it's maybe ok to change it actually. But as I understand metamorphosis makes no sense as well. Also, wizard and sorcerer are the most common classes in Dungeons and Dragons, while I never saw "mage of metamorphosis" or "astral mage" in any book. It all come from one man who decided that he doesnt like names because fireball is not in elemental magic
   jamotide

Шаман

Свитков: 30
С нами с: 03.07.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 12, 2017 16:33     Заголовок сообщения:

ok so I played a game of the new version, and noticed some things:

Archmage can't have level 4 creature anymore? sucks...
Some artillery units with movement 1 don't move at all, like the blue Scorpion ballista thing from the dwarfs for example. It just waits forever if it is out of range.
Magic Crystal summon spell, what is its use? It just sits there, can't attack or cast anything. Is its purpose just to be an obstacle, Defense 14 is not bad in the beginning I guess.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Awakened the Omnipotent

Волшебник

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 12, 2017 17:13     Заголовок сообщения:

jamotide писал(а):
ok so I played a game of the new version, and noticed some things:

Archmage can't have level 4 creature anymore? sucks...

This thing, if put it mildly, caused indignation. And ther is no comments from team about it. Like 5 lvl necromancy is useless for archmage… they don’t care.

jamotide писал(а):
Some artillery units with movement 1 don't move at all, like the blue Scorpion ballista thing from the dwarfs for example. It just waits forever if it is out of range.

And this is just a bug. Not some artillery, all units with affix 'cant fight' do that. And again no comments or fix from the team, already a 5 mounths.
   Awakened the Omnipotent

Волшебник

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Мар 22, 2017 18:55     Заголовок сообщения:

I downloaded the last file http://eador.online.fr/Eador270b.zip. And in the var files I see this:

Quantity: 379 /0 Name: Empty;Cost: 0 LifeCost: 0 StamCost: 1 …

did I something wrong, or all see the same thing?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мар 23, 2017 21:34     Заголовок сообщения:

Awakened the Omnipotent писал(а):
I downloaded Eador270b.zip.
And in the var files I see [everything on a single line]

What text editor are you using?
I used UNIX end-of-line markers (LF) instead of DOS end-of-line markers (CRLF).
Try WordPad, or Write, or any editor that understands UNIX EOL markers.
Regards.
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 24, 2017 22:01     Заголовок сообщения:

Hi, all!

Wow! Thanks so much to Boon947 for the awesome work on the updates. We in the English-speaking world really, really appreciate your work!

The new smooth battle animations and (some) new unit icons are wonderful, and adding the additional animations to battle for things like poison are also welcome, if a bit over-the-top sometimes. I notice that pretty much everything that can be was lifted from previous HOMM games, but that's par for the course.

As some others have said, I'm not so sure I understand the new schools-of-magic thing as well as I might. Some schools are self-explanatory and have very interesting offerings, though others are strangely named and it's hard for me to figure out just what they're getting at. I don't have a problem with the "Astral Magic" school... it seems to make sense... but as some others have noted here, the "Metamorphosis School" just doesn't seem to make sense at all. I'd expect it to be transformation or augmentation spells, but Web? Fireball? Most of the spells in this school just aren't transformative, they're evocation.

I don't know if it's been pointed out as a bug yet, but it seems that I can't level up through exploration unless nothing is found. For example, if I have a character about to level up, I explore and get the "You didn't find anything, but covered x% of the land" message, the character will level up, but if the character finds a special location and then chooses not to fight, the experience will be gained, but the character will not level up. After levelling up through some other means, XP gained by finding actual locations will be reflected... after finding 10 locations and then finally finding none, one of my characters levelled up and was already more than halfway to the next level because of the XP gained from the found locations... but even though the XP registers correctly, someone seems to have introduced a bug which doesn't allow a hero to level up from discovering a location and then choosing not to fight.

Unfortunately, I don't have any more insights because I got a brand new computer yesterday. Today I installed Eador with NH, but it just won't work... I get the massive stuttering issue which some others have encountered. That happened on my last computer and I solved it by making a new power profile which limited the processor, but that's just not working this time. Does anyone know of a method besides or in addition to lowering the processor speed to get Genesis to work on new, fast computers?

Again, thanks so much to Boon947. You are wonderful, and we appreciate the work you do.
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 24, 2017 22:13     Заголовок сообщения:

It was working like that since vanill. You only gain actual lvl after exploring the emptiness, though you still gain exp for searching in province. Because exp is not divided into levels by itself, it's one number, game simply checks do you have enough exp to achieve level, and if do use special menu for that, withouth changing the number.
There is one stupid method - open two dublicates of this game, and play in second window, for some ppl it work.
   manio

Копьеносец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 28.03.2017
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Мар 28, 2017 18:51     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello all!

New registered member here but i play NH for almost 1 and half years. Fantastic work, praises to everyone involved in its creation and translation of this great mod.
Ironically, it was the first game to download and install in my new beast-PC Laughing

a) So i can confirm that game crashes after i hover my mouse over Astral Thief icon on spellbook while on battlefield. I tested both on my lvl 3 mage and lvl 22 marshal. It doesn't seem to crash when i hover over while in stronghold though, which is strange. Any fixes or work-arounds?

b) Is there any way to check all the keyboard-extra commands , like clicking the units under a heroes army to rename them (which , after i searched i couldn't find it as a listed change at http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2935), or holding ALT and click on spells to get a copy of it as a scroll and such? I think i am missing some commands since i don't know Russian and google translate doesn't work that effectively.

Thanks everyone!
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index