на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons v2.60 discussion thread

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Сен 23, 2016 17:00     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
the description for when the Temple of Light tells you to hunt down Necromancers seems to be too long... the text just stops mid-sentence, and there's no way to scroll down.

Could you be more specific?
Do you see the relevant text here:
https://wortkarg.bitbucket.io/eadoropedia/en/quests.html
(I think all the "Temple of Light" quests are listed.)

Regards.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Сен 23, 2016 17:32     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
I would like to humbly suggest a few alignment label fixes. Some of the alignments seem to be off from what they should be.

Kettarienne писал(а):
Current alignments are the result of compromises after years wasted arguing

bludwig, you can easily change alignments to your own tastes.

Edit var/unit.var

Unit #220 (Black Unicorn)
Change Karma to -2 (or -3, depending on how evil you consider it to be).

Unit #198, #199, and #200
Change Karma to 0 (neutral)

What do you think about that?

Regards.
   bludwig

Дозорный

Свитков: 40
С нами с: 17.02.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Сен 23, 2016 17:47     Заголовок сообщения:

You, Boon947, are my hero.

I will shut up about alignments now... the Black Unicorn being evil really does seem like a no-brainer to me, but you hardly ever see them, so whatever... and having edited the .var file for the scholar-mages, I am now very, very happy. Thank you so much!

The only thing you didn't address was the crash bug involving totems, which is what is keeping me from progressing. It is fully reproducible, at least on this machine... even choosing to quick-fight the battle crashes the game when I'm up against a dozen or more totem-summoning units. I think maybe something is happening when a totem is buffed to an insanely high level by "soothe spirits" being used too many times by the cpu, but that's just a theory.

What should I do about that? Do you want the save file?

And everyone is talking about the Cheat Engine, but I don't know what that is... what is it?

If the Lord of Light exists, I hope he blesses you... you deserve it!
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Сен 23, 2016 19:56     Заголовок сообщения:

Thief = Вор
Brigand = Разбойник
Bandit = Бандит

If the 3rd one is tough tier2 man with hammer the answer is yes. And it's better to translate in new way, there are too many words with similar meanings around thief, brigand and bandit in rus language, so, just use the same word as a new unit's name.

I will shut up about alignments now... the Black Unicorn being evil really does seem like a no-brainer to me, but you hardly ever see them, so whatever... and having edited the .var file for the scholar-mages, I am now very, very happy. Thank you so much!

He is evil because of corruption at roleplay and because of main way of units alignment (the more you have health and the harder you hit the more you have a chance to be evil, because lawfuls are low on dmg and health but have good protection)

The new release is bugged as hell and you need all hotfixes to be able to play
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Сен 23, 2016 22:32     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
The new release is bugged as hell and you need all hotfixes to be able to play

Are the hotfixes only posted to the Russian bugs thread?
Does Jazz update the download page when he includes a new hotfix?
( http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=282127#282127 )
I think I'll hold off a bit more before I start working on the latest version.

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Сен 23, 2016 23:03     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
The only thing you didn't address was the crash bug involving totems, which is what is keeping me from progressing. It is fully reproducible, at least on this machine... even choosing to quick-fight the battle crashes the game when I'm up against a dozen or more totem-summoning units. I think maybe something is happening when a totem is buffed to an insanely high level by "soothe spirits" being used too many times by the cpu, but that's just a theory.

What should I do about that? Do you want the save file?

And everyone is talking about the Cheat Engine, but I don't know what that is... what is it?

I've never used Cheat Engine myself, but this should get you started:

http://www.cheatengine.org/aboutce.php
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=563460

If all you want is a tool to reset the reversion count to 0, it's easy to make one.
(It would be a command-line program taking the name of a savegame as input.)

As for the crashes, I'm afraid I can't do anything about them, as I don't have the source code for the game Sad
I was told Jazz has fixed that specific issue in the new version, but introduced several new crashes Sad

Regards.
   Emre

Дозорный

Свитков: 39
С нами с: 11.06.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 01, 2016 13:32     Заголовок сообщения:

I get constant crash on tutorial part where i fight with orcs. Here's my save. What can i do to avoid this crash?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptllcdbk45c92ji/save.rar?dl=0
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 02, 2016 22:33     Заголовок сообщения:

Emre писал(а):
I get constant crash on tutorial part where I fight with orcs. Here's my save. What can i do to avoid this crash?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptllcdbk45c92ji/save.rar?dl=0

Hello Emre,

Is this the totem issue reported by bludwig?

Regards.
   Emre

Дозорный

Свитков: 39
С нами с: 11.06.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 02, 2016 22:41     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):

Yes, it's the totem of orcs called ghost whisperer i believe.
   jamotide

Шаман

Свитков: 30
С нами с: 03.07.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 02, 2016 23:50     Заголовок сообщения:

Is there anyway to analyze a crash? I am getting frequent crashes druing the AI turn in my late campaign game. I load the game, can play 1 or two turns and then crash, and repeat.I can keep on playing but it is getting a bit annoying. gamelog.txt seems to show only what the AI was doing where, but nothing about a crash.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 04, 2016 2:19     Заголовок сообщения:

Emre писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):

Yes, it's the totem of orcs called ghost whisperer I believe.

Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about crashes already present in the Russian version. I don't have access to the source code, and debugging machine code is very tedious. Note that Jazz has stated that he has fixed that particular bug in the latest version (not yet translated). Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 04, 2016 2:27     Заголовок сообщения:

jamotide писал(а):
Is there any way to analyze a crash? I am getting frequent crashes during the AI turn in my late campaign game. I load the game, can play 1 or two turns and then crash, and repeat. I can keep on playing but it is getting a bit annoying. gamelog.txt seems to show only what the AI was doing where, but nothing about a crash.

As I told Emre, without access to the source code, there's really not much I can do about crashes, except those that were introduced by the translation process Sad

By the way, I'm no longer notified of replies to this thread... not sure why.
   jamotide

Шаман

Свитков: 30
С нами с: 03.07.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 05, 2016 1:03     Заголовок сообщения:

I understand. But I was wondering if there is some way for me to find out what causes these crashes so I can report the bug and help improve the game.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Ноя 05, 2016 11:43     Заголовок сообщения:

jamotide писал(а):
I understand. But I was wondering if there is some way for me to find out what causes these crashes so I can report the bug and help improve the game.

Ideally, you have a crash situation that can be reproduced. If yes, best compress the complete "save" folder using e.g. 7z http://www.7-zip.org/7z.html, put it in your dropbox folder and place the download link in the forum. And maybe add a nice description of the issue you encountered Wink . Jazz is very good in fixing bugs reported this way.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 06, 2016 20:04     Заголовок сообщения:

It would be cool if NH used Breakpad:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/breakpad/breakpad/+/master/docs/client_design.md
Regards.
   bludwig

Дозорный

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 10, 2016 17:57     Заголовок сообщения:

Hello, Boon947, bavarian kid and all the other wonderful people keeping this game alive and well!

I've been re-playing through the campaign for the last few months, and I noticed a couple of things which I wanted to check with you.

1. I mentioned earlier that some of the text is cut off, with no way to scroll down, on the lengthier messages. I am encountering this rather regularly. For example, on the Temple Skeleton quest (https://wortkarg.bitbucket.io/eadoropedia/en/encounters.html#279), the final line is cut off. The "also some shrouded in darkness." text cannot be seen, and there is no scroll option. There have been many others as well; there seems to be a limit to the number of characters which can be displayed in a standard window without the scroll feature. If there is a way to change the game's resolution/font size, let me know, but my font size as it stands is much larger than in the sample boxes on eadoropedia. The problem could be solved by reducing the font size, shortening all text which goes beyond the character limit, or simply adding scrolling functionality to the overflowing text involved (best, in my opinion). I'm guessing that the issue stems from people adding on extra text (the vanilla skeleton quest doesn't mention all of those extra skeleton types) but not knowing that they have gone over the character limit and not having scroll functionality. What do you think?

2. Might there be something going on with the loot tables? I know that this is the kind of thing which some people might suspect even if it weren't true, but I swear that in a few cases I'm definitely not getting appropriate loot from encounters. For example, I took on a Black Unicorn in my last game... it slaughtered my entire army, but my 20+-level hero managed to kill it, standing alone at the end... and all I got as my big reward was 99(!) gold and arrows (the weakest possible kind, the kind that scouts start out with). That cannot possibly be right for such a powerful foe. Similarly, I took on a cyclops (attack 30+ and around 100 HP) plus a guard of orcs, and I got 150 gold and a useless, low-level trinket. I get much, much better rewards regularly from taking out a first-level group of four undead, or a small pack of ratmen. This seems really wrong. Is there some way to examine or modify the loot values per enemy?

The only crash bug I'm getting is the orc one, which really sucks... I can't even take over certain orc provinces because I get a 100% crash if there are too many ghost whisperers among the enemy. There are also some little things, like enemy leveling still seeming to be way too quick (3 20+-level heroes with 25th-level 2.5-upgraded troops attacking me on turn 60? Yikes! Well, at least it's made me much better at the game), and the demons summoned in by dying gnolls getting a free counterattack on whoever killed the gnoll (was it really a good idea to add the demon-summoning thing to the gnolls? They're next to impossible to beat now in large groups, and fighting them doesn't feel pleasantly challenging, it feels cheap and annoying). To be honest, I kind of miss some of the old race-specific units... used to be allying with halflings gave us border sentries and white mages, but now there are no halfling-allied units beyond level 2, and I loved the awesome war machines of the old dwarves, but they've been replaced with some far less impressive stuff. And I miss driders and daedroths and a lot of other now-removed content, and think that some of the new more cartoony promoted unit graphics aren't as cool as the older ones. Don't mind all that stuff, though... that's just me venting. You're the only ones I can mention that to, so I'm taking the opportunity to get it off my chest.

The first two things are, though, actual issues. Do you have any thoughts on them?

Thank you again for all of your hard work. I love you people.
   bludwig

Дозорный

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 10, 2016 18:06     Заголовок сообщения:

Oh, two more quick things: why isn't the Dragon's breath weapon considered to be fire? I had Immunity to Fire, took on a dragon and got roasted to death all the same. Also, what happened to all the cool "gag" items that used to be in the game, like the Light Saber and the Space Rangers ring and the Fallout boy? I never see them anymore, and in the database they show up as "deleted".
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 10, 2016 19:25     Заголовок сообщения:

Scrollers were mentioned at rus forum as well and I can't remember any specific answers, but they are adding to some place time by time, so, maybe just wait...
Loot is random mostly. So, yes, sometimes you will get some stupid shit from OP boss. Not to mention, RNG is sometimes crazy af and you always have the same loot or the same event (not every turn but awfully close to it, like 3 times in a row undead's attack in the same province at the start).
Use holy mass spells against gnolls. Surprisingly well working. Kill as much of gnolls as you can in one turn, clear with magic, repeat.
Because it's not special breath attack. It's usual magic shot. Look at this as he projects his magical energy in one blast, not actually breathing fire.
The old pictures were displaced because of copyright. Not exactly, but players were mad because all pictures were just like in source without any difference. And it was looking ugly. Mostly the same with old artifacts. They were either OP, ugly, too clonish or everything at the same time
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Ноя 11, 2016 16:51     Заголовок сообщения:

bludwig писал(а):
1. I mentioned earlier that some of the text is cut off, with no way to scroll down, on the lengthier messages. I am encountering this rather regularly. For example, on the Temple Skeleton quest (https://wortkarg.bitbucket.io/eadoropedia/en/encounters.html#279), the final line is cut off. The "also some shrouded in darkness." text cannot be seen, and there is no scroll option. There have been many others as well; there seems to be a limit to the number of characters which can be displayed in a standard window without the scroll feature. If there is a way to change the game's resolution/font size, let me know, but my font size as it stands is much larger than in the sample boxes on eadoropedia. The problem could be solved by reducing the font size, shortening all text which goes beyond the character limit, or simply adding scrolling functionality to the overflowing text involved (best, in my opinion). I'm guessing that the issue stems from people adding on extra text (the vanilla skeleton quest doesn't mention all of those extra skeleton types) but not knowing that they have gone over the character limit and not having scroll functionality. What do you think?

Your guess is correct. Version 2.60 added "Be aware that not all skeletons are alike, some wield spears, some even have four arms. There are also some shrouded in darkness." to the pre-existing text. As for solutions, I think only Jazz can add scroll bars. I don't think (?) there is an option to change the font size in the game. The only option left for a translator is to shorten the text... which is what I've done in other instances (but I've always assumed that the Russian version fits, which is not always true).

Regards.
   bavarian kid

ς Друид ς
Ветеран

Свитков: 206
С нами с: 13.09.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 17, 2016 1:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Minor issues with 2.60c

Ritual "Chaos Spawn": Message says "succubus" shows up. However, received mocker instead. Minor mixup I guess Laughing

Skillful tracker description: Maybe change to "increases effectiveness 50%", bit more elegant.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index