на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons 2.60b: Looking for strategies

jamotide

Шаман

Свитков: 30
С нами с: 03.07.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мая 14, 2016 12:18     Заголовок сообщения: New Horizons 2.60b: Looking for strategies

Hello,
I can only properly start and play with pure mage or with the strategist (commander -> ranger). Anyone know some good strategies with the other hero types? Like how to build them up and how their strength works.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
   Surgeon

Дозорный

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 30.12.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Мая 26, 2016 15:51     Заголовок сообщения: Re: New Horizons 2.60b: Looking for strategies

jamotide писал(а):
Hello,
I can only properly start and play with pure mage or with the strategist (commander -> ranger). Anyone know some good strategies with the other hero types? Like how to build them up and how their strength works.

That depends on your world type and available technologies. I'm rather surprised you manage with a pure mage, since it requires quite a lot of crystals; the swamplands are best for mages due to crystals, for instance.

I've always found the ranger, due to his speed, the best hero. He is useful in almost every map and I've found the ranger->commander (ringleader) mixing being my most frequent type of hero.

The rangers' strength is his speed, while his greatest problem is that he can't take a lot of punch. He's absolutely tremendous early game (since in the start you get only Slingers and they're basically the junk of all ranged units) but his strength fades later on, so he might not be for the long-game. There are battles that are practically almost impossible to win even with a fully equipped leveled-up ranger accompanied with a strong army. But in any case, your first tactic is to immediately go buy him a bow and arrows and some armor and send him off scouting while building up your stronghold.

By the way, it also depends slightly on your alignment. Some units are more useful than others; it's also a problem if you mix up the various different morality units due to the loss on bonus. Militia and Slinger are good cheap units if you want to use as cannon fodder and then resurrect them mid-battle with the necro dude.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   jamotide

Шаман

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 15:23     Заголовок сообщения:

How do you utilize his speed, do you run away from the enemies while shooting at them?

And scouting? I thought thats a no-no, always fight something.

Oh and mage is easy even without crystals because all you really need is fatigue and burn ammo. Unless you want to use Necromancy of course.
   Janjan

Ополченец

Свитков: 4
С нами с: 02.07.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июл 03, 2016 17:32     Заголовок сообщения:

Are you still interested in tips? I would have posted earlier but my old account stopped working for some reason. I play the campaign on overlord difficulty as a good guy with a preference for wizards. Stuff keeps getting in the way (campaign killed by bug, campaign killed by dead hard drive, e.t.c) so I've only gotten about 15-20 shards in but I'd say I probably have some skill at the game by this point.

Шаман

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Сен 03, 2016 2:38     Заголовок сообщения:

sure,bring it!
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index