на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

Some questions on code stuff :)))

Kassiopeija

Ратник

Свитков: 10
С нами с: 17.06.2016
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 12:11     Заголовок сообщения: Some questions on code stuff :)))

Well got bored with the MotBW campaign and figured I might instead mod the game a bit, seeping through the various files that shouldn't be too difficult but on most instances, the hints are written in kyrillic, and I need to understand what is what.
Alot of the MotBW files are based on Genesis so alot is similar indeed, but some things not but Webtranslate did a good job in about 95% of all cases, but while I went through some files I noticed some differences and wondered what precisely the effect/difference ingame is.

For example:
File: "ability_num.var" [Genesis] vs. "ability.cfg" [MotBW]

/52
Name: Damage Weapon;
Number: 52
Numeric: 1
Effect: 1
Percent: 0

vs.:

AbilityID = 52
Index = 52
Hint = Повреждение оружия
Numeric = 0
Effect = 0
Percent = 0

As you can see, the entries for "Numeric" and "Effect" are different. I can only surmise that "1" and "0" are used like yes/no. Strangely, in MotBW Damage Weapon does in fact cause an effect (-1 attack if you attack, eg. a Gargoyle) so why is the entry = 0 and not 1 (like in Genesis). Ironically that effect seems to work just fine in MotBW so I wonder if I do misinterpret these entries??? Could any enlighten me a bit on this?

Also, what precisely is the meaning of the Numeric-line? I suspect it's somewhat the opposite of the Percent-line (as in, give, eg. bonuses like +1 +2 +3 and not in % - is this correct?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Kassiopeija

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 12:28     Заголовок сообщения:

or here:

/79
Name: Increased Upkeep;
Number: 85
Numeric: 0
Effect: -1
Percent: 1

vs.

AbilityID = 85
Index = 79
Hint = Увеличенная плата
Numeric = 1
Effect = -1
Percent = 1

Increased Upkeep is used for the Mercenary Medal and is indeed a 100% *percentage* rating. So why is this Numeric = 1 in MotBW and what would happen if I change it back to 0?
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 12:28     Заголовок сообщения:

I don't actually no, but I think in Masters almost all is hardcoded, and this things are just artifacts that was done at the very beginning. Also, Masters is pretty broken game in the case of "is it work or not", so, I'll not be surprised if there must be actually 1 not 0, but they fix it in some weird way to work)
And yes, this is additive numbers (if nothing changed in last year) not percentage for broken weapon and percentage for upkeep
   Kassiopeija

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 13:28     Заголовок сообщения:

thanks for your reply Smile

ok then I may try to change that entry and fire up the game to check if anything changes at all. Yes, it has alot of bugs or entries in code that are not written cleanly (like, missing spaces etc) and I just wonder if things like that may actually be responsible for some bugs... (for example, I still can't get my Elfs to get medals grrrrr)

BTW I came over this:

[*] : struct.begin
AbilityID = 123
Index = 152
Hint = Скверна

what does it mean? My translators show:
It is nasty
Fel
Beware

but I've never seen an ability or spell sounding anything like this....
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 13:33     Заголовок сообщения:

I didn't play a lot in Masters, but definitely there wasn't this ability in Genesis. So, I'm useless in this case
As the word, it's more close to the curse. Something extremely bad that contains in the thing or someone alive (maybe dead but in corpse) and may spread to another one. But it's not actually a fever, it's more about soul disease
Example:
"Their souls were cursed by the serving to the demons." You can change "curse" as "скверна" and it's more right translations in russian
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 14:42     Заголовок сообщения:

I believe files are made by different people. It looks like someone copied another file and made own changes, but you deal with two completely different engines. Some parameters in Genesis became obsolete long ago and persist in file only for backward compatibility.

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 15:44     Заголовок сообщения:

Well, I found the language-file which keeps all the english translations for ability.cfg, and found "Taint" under the respective number. This must be correct, it's a debuff that you get when a Tainted Unicorn hits you, it prevents healing and when you die, you return as a demon for your opponents to the battlefield.

I think I should be able to get anything out of these language files (without having to translate it via web tools) but somehow Notepad++ is not able to correctly display them. I mean, I can read the ASCII but between there's codemash, like this:

[medal.lng]

0=%include(glossary;empty)% 0.description= 1=Medal for CourageP 1.description=Increases morale by 4 and attack by 1. Increases upkeep by 3 gold. 2=Medal for ResilienceW 2.description=Increases health by 4 and counterattack by 1. Increases upkeep by 4 gold. 3=Order of the MarksmanX 3.description=Increases shooting accuracy and strength by 1. Increases upkeep by 8 gold. 4=Will for Victory OrderR 4.description=Increases attack and counterattack by 2. Increases upkeep by 5 gold. 5=Medal for ZealX 5.description=Increases stamina by 3 and counterattack by 1. Increases upkeep by 3 gold. 6=Mercenary Badgef 6.description=This unit is signed with the Mercenaries Guild and demands higher wage for his services. 7=Star of the Magei 7.description=Increases ranged attack by 1 and energy control by 1. Increases upkeep by 5 gold and 1 gem. 8=Hero's Crossn 8.description=Increases attack and counterattack by 2, armor and resistance by 1. Increases upkeep by 10 gold. 9=Healer's MedalY 9.description=Increases healing by 2 and ammo by 1. Increases upkeep by 3 gold and 1 gem. 10=Order of the Victorx 10.description=Increases hit points by 5, morale by 3, attack by 2, and counterattack by 1. Increases upkeep by 10 gold. 11=Medal for AgilityU 11.description=Increases ranged defense and stamina by 2. Increases upkeep by 3 gold. 12=Order of the DefenderY 12.description=Increases defense by 2 and counterattack by 1. Increases upkeep by 4 gold. 13=Medal for ResolutionP 13.description=Increases resistance and morale by 2. Increases upkeep by 3 gold. 14=Battlemage's BadgeU 14.description=Increases ammo and stamina by 2. Increases upkeep by 4 gold and 1 gem. 15=Fire Pennant} 15.description=Increases ammo and resistance by 1. Improves the Fire Arrows skill by 3. Increases upkeep by 7 gold and 1 gem.

(actually in Notepad these strange symbols between the text look rather differently/blackish)

And the huge problem is that if I change anything, even a single letter in one of the descriptions, the game gives out on OOM error upon gamestart.
Which means I can't update ingame descriptions.... that would be a huge drawback Sad((((

Does anyone know an application how to correctly read + change these files? Or is it not possible?
   Arkitekt

*Владыка Вселенной*
admin
Админ всея форума

Свитков: 5138
С нами с: 30.01.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Июн 26, 2016 16:33     Заголовок сообщения:

Try to open it in Unicode (UTF). Or another encoding if Unicode won't work. Notepad++ could handle that.

Ратник

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Июн 27, 2016 5:06     Заголовок сообщения:

well, it doesn't work. none of the charsets/languages in notepad++ will do it, neither anyone in open office or MS word or any other text-reading application I have.

maybe this is part of a protection?
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index