на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

What I would like to change in New Horizons

Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Сен 23, 2015 23:57     Заголовок сообщения:

About item 5 ("When recruiting a leveled up unit, let the player pick the upgrades")

New units are created in dcUnit::dcUnit(int unit_index, int initial_XP)

What is required is adding code to the effect of:

if the player creating this unit is human-controlled
then show the level-up screen for this unit (as many times as necessary)

- I'm not sure yet what variable distinguishes between AI-controlled and human-controlled.
- The leveling up is accomplished by calling WindowUnitLvlUp() once per level.

There is a slight complication when a unit is promoted to another type in the middle of the process, but overall, feature #5 is easy to implement.

Regards.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Сен 24, 2015 0:24     Заголовок сообщения:

About features #1 ("Let the player choose a hero's initial skill") and #2 ("Let the player choose a Scout's favorite terrain")

A fresh new Scout receives:

- a point in Health (not Magic nor Command)
- a favorite terrain (either Forest, Hills, Swamps) = upgrades 62-64
- a random skill among the 7 Scout skills = skills 22-28

Thus, it is very easy to change these random assignments into choice menus.
However, these menus do not exist, so they must be created...

Regards.

Последний раз редактировалось: Boon947 (Сб Сен 26, 2015 11:05), всего редактировалось 1 раз
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Сен 25, 2015 1:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Thus, it is very easy to change these random assignments into choice menus.
However, these menus do not exist, so they must be created...

Here's my proof of concept code, using an ugly text list.

Код:
static char **g_desc;
static int g_count;

static char *list_cb(int list_idx, int *list_size)
{
   if (list_idx >= 0) return g_desc[list_idx];
   *list_size = g_count;
   return NULL;
}

int choose_from_list(char **desc, int count)
{
   g_desc = desc;
   g_count = count;
   const int W = 200, H = 150, X = 512-W/2;
   DIALOG the_list[] = {
      { d_list_proc, X, 500, W, H, 0, 0, 0, D_EXIT, 0, 0, (void *)list_cb },
      { d_yield_proc },
      { NULL },
   };

font = Font2;
   set_dialog_color(the_list, gui_fg_color, gui_bg_color);
   popup_dialog(the_list, -1);
   return the_list->d1;
}

Regards.
   Surgeon

Дозорный

Свитков: 36
С нами с: 30.12.2015
СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Dec 30, 2015 17:01     Заголовок сообщения: Chaotic choice

Copying over from another thread:

Surgeon писал(а):
Am very much expecting to play a demonic summoner character, although the options so far seem to be limited in that direction (or at least in the earlier part of the game it seems too difficult), especially if we consider the Demons are actually trying to...destroy Eador? If I understand the storyline so far, going direct Unscrupulous Evil Necromantic is perfectly legitimate, even offering options of forming up alliances with others, but Chaos just seems to be The Enemy, an Archnemesis with no regard to your Karma. I wish playing a Chaotic character was more akin to the Sorcerer King and the Tyrant Sovereign, i.e. being incredibly powerful but ultimately a terrible choice (reminiscent of the Sorcerer-King's Doomsday Track and the Tyrant's powers growing stronger as the end grows near along with the main Antagonist), leading to a closer end of the world as well as uniting all the Masters (both Good and Evil) against the one who chose that path. I still have yet to play a great part of the game so maybe there's even a way to join in with the Devil and destroy the world, joining him in Hell..?

This. Sorcerer King is a great game; nowhere near the depth and quality of Eador, but I really like its Doomsday Track and the relation with the Nemesis' growth of power. I'd like some ideas from SK implemented in Eador, specifically related to playing a truly Chaotic character that allies himself with the forces of The Underworld.

Currently there seems to be no way to ally with the Demonic Master and potentially pursue that path. While I ordinarily understand that, creating a permanent enemy that's just hostile, doesn't matter what your Karma is and what you do and I am actually completely fine with that (the Demons also fit in that role perfectly), but I'd really like to have a Summoner or some type of Demonic Lord champion who can call upon great powers from the Underworld; however choosing that path, despite powerful, would make you hostile to all other Masters and would fasten the downfall of Eador (thus also being a much quicker game - you either inevitably contribute to the destruction of the world, or get so powerful you manage to, with a lot of cunning, steamroll pretty much everyone and everything.[/b][/i]
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index