на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Эадор.Сотворение - Eador.The Genesis на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Index
Автор / Сообщение

New Horizons(ver 14.0920) Translation Project

Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран
Демиург: Мастер игр

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:17     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Максим Некромант писал(а):
MD5: c0beab520b68b0e21dd161980b003724 for unit_upg.var
MD5: 4992da13861516cc1b5b683c5fd9c402 for archive.
Sorry, but how I can see, the version in archive and in directory isn't same. All that I can say you - try to rewrite in my variant of file and see, have you bug with him.

Wait, how come you don't have MD5 50afe44fabcac492ea57e33fffbcc7d3??
This is straight from the archive for me... o_O
size = 68 601 bytes
modified 10/09/2014, ‏‎21:00:44
Jazz : do you understand why I don't have the same file as Максим??

It's my mistake, I have some beta-versions and sometimes see in wrong directory. But now I see in correct and we have a similar numbers in this ability.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

Свитков: 667
С нами с: 24.09.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 2:52     Заголовок сообщения:

Максим Некромант писал(а):
It's my mistake, I have some beta-versions and sometimes see in wrong directory. But now I see in correct and we have a similar numbers in this ability.

OK, one last question before I go to sleep Wink) (Wow it's even later in Russia!!)

In your beta version,
/569
Name: Чёрная кровь;
Only Once: 1
Need: (0)
Upg Type: 2313
Quantity: 3;

What does it mean Quantity=3 for the Spell 313?
(I asked Jazz in a PM, but I think others might benefit from reading the answer.)

Regards.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

Свитков: 1500
С нами с: 09.10.2012
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 7:53     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Can cast spell 313 for 3 ammo.
Modern version uses
Upg Type: 139 —> ability "cast on self"
Quantity: 313 —> which casts spell 313

Upg Type: 355 —> ability 355. Does nothing, but contains a description and icon.
Quantity: 1;

There is some obscure bug or even two with AI and 139 "cast on self". I have seen the double icons in Russian, and the extra spells.
Spells in both your cases and the one I've seen are very clearly successive. It is quite obviously the core bug.

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 13:38     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Can cast spell 313 for 3 ammo.

But Spell 313 (Black Blood) has Cost=6... ??
Does (Ability) Quantity "overrule" (Spell) Cost?

Kettarienne писал(а):
Modern version uses
Upg Type: 139 —> ability "cast on self"
Quantity: 313 —> which casts spell 313

Why do you say 139 is "cast on self"?

/139
Name: Healing Spell;
Number: 2012
Numeric: 1
Effect: 0
Percent: 0

which points to Spell #12 = Cure Wounds... ???
And the text description for ability #139 is "Unit can heal target, restoring 7 health"

Kettarienne писал(а):
Upg Type: 355 —> ability 355. Does nothing, but contains a description and icon.
Quantity: 1;

Arg! I thought I understood the pointer system, but apparently not.
I thought ability 355 is this:
/355
Name: Элементалистка;
Number: 317

С помощью этого договора можно нанять элементалистку. Для этого в замке необходимо построить Сферу Льда. Содержание существа 200 золота/30 кристаллов.

Kettarienne писал(а):
There is some obscure bug or even two with AI and 139 "cast on self". I have seen the double icons in Russian, and the extra spells.
Spells in both your cases and the one I've seen are very clearly successive. It is quite obviously the core bug.

When you say "core bug" you mean a problem in the exe?
If I can examine the source code, maybe I can find the bug (I am a professional programmer).

Regards.
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 15:03     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
But Spell 313 (Black Blood) has Cost=6... ??
Does (Ability) Quantity "overrule" (Spell) Cost?
Cost is for heroes. Units have an upgrade quantity.
Boon947 писал(а):
Arg! I thought I understood the pointer system, but apparently not.
I thought ability 355 is this:
/355
Name: Элементалистка;
Number: 317
You're looking the wrong way. Look at the "Number:" line, it points to the hardcoded ability in the executable. The first number is for synchronization with text and dat.
Boon947 писал(а):
When you say "core bug" you mean a problem in the exe?
If I can examine the source code, maybe I can find the bug (I am a professional programmer).
The Maker is not very open with his source code, you see, and decompiling only goes so far. I don't think there's a need to rush, though. The bug is found and will be fixed in due time, I dare to hope. There are several others in current version, some of which are far more prominent, and they are being crunched steadily.

* Мастер Астрала *
admin
Грандмастер НГ

Свитков: 3162
С нами с: 23.10.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 18:57     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
In your beta version,
/569

Can you upload your Eador.exe file into Dropbox and share the link on forum?
Собирает урожай.
Тот, кто нежить в бой ведёт,
От твоей руки падёт.
И останется один
В чистом поле – паладин!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение ICQ
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 19:58     Заголовок сообщения:

Kettarienne писал(а):
The Maker is not very open with his source code, you see

In my experience, when one writes "The Maker", they mean the (Christian) Deity.
I would write "the (main) developer", or "the (lead) programmer" (cf. John Carmack).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carmack

Kettarienne писал(а):
and decompiling only goes so far. I don't think there's a need to rush, though.

I'm quite comfortable decompiling x86 code. It's part of my job.
But I imagine that several Russian experts have done it already? How far have they gone?
Can you share a link to the relevant topic in Russian?

Kettarienne писал(а):
The bug is found and will be fixed in due time, I dare to hope.
There are several others in current version, some of which are far more prominent, and they are being crunched steadily.

How long has that bug been known? And what are the worse bugs?
I came to Eador Genesis, because I gave up on Eador Masters of the Broken World, which is still plagued by major bugs, 18 months after its release.
And the devs are now busy with a different game, so they have no time to patch Eador!
I'm saddened to hear that there are important bugs affecting Genesis. Sigh.

Does Alexey Bokulev still make money from Eador Genesis?
It would be awesome if he would open source the program code.

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Ноя 02, 2014 20:07     Заголовок сообщения:

Jazz писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
In your beta version,
/569

Can you upload your Eador.exe file into Dropbox and share the link on forum?

Hello Jazz,

It is Максим who has a beta version. I'm using the official binary from 14.0920
File: Eador.exe
MD5: dd63c772b39f151fa32539cda64f9ccf

Regards.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 04, 2014 9:46     Заголовок сообщения:

Gem писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Код:
Вольный стрелок | Marksman

This is the name of a Bandit Archer unit. Maybe there is more distinctive name for them.

Turns out the French word "franc-tireur" (a literal translation of Вольный стрелок, as far as I understand) also exists in English.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/franc-tireur
Definition: "a civilian and especially a guerrilla fighter or sniper"
I think this captures the original term rather well, doesn't it?

Regards
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

Свитков: 176
С нами с: 27.10.2014
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 04, 2014 13:28     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Gem писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Код:

This is the name of a Bandit Archer unit. Maybe there is more distinctive name for them.

Turns out the French word "franc-tireur" (a literal translation of Вольный стрелок, as far as I understand) also exists in English.

Good research! I had never heard of the term, but I'm not into history much.
Also see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francs-tireurs
I also like Deadeye, but I'd be happy to go with this. Kettarienne?
   Kettarienne

* Бессмертный *
New Horizons Team

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 04, 2014 13:42     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Good research! I had never heard of the term, but I'm not into history much.
Also see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francs-tireurs
I also like Deadeye, but I'd be happy to go with this. Kettarienne?

I would side with Deadeye. This one is too historic and anachronistic at that.

* Небесный Лорд *
Ветеран

Свитков: 2333
С нами с: 24.03.2011
СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 04, 2014 14:08     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Gem писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Код:

Regards

Original term is http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=222456#222456 (Robin Hood-like without "Good" part)

Frank-tireur is a guerilla, they can use same tactics, but have different ideas.

Вольный is closer to "Outlaw" than "Free", even in province type "Bandit outlaws" (Бандитская вольница). "Вольный стрелок" is distinctive bandit.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 04, 2014 22:35     Заголовок сообщения:

Gem писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Gem писал(а):
Boon947 писал(а):
Код:

Regards

Original term is http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=222456#222456 (Robin Hood-like without "Good" part)

Frank-tireur is a guerilla, they can use same tactics, but have different ideas.

Вольный is closer to "Outlaw" than "Free", even in province type "Bandit outlaws" (Бандитская вольница). "Вольный стрелок" is distinctive bandit.

How about Renegade?
It means "An outlaw or rebel. An individual who rejects lawful or conventional behavior."
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/renegade
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/renegade

Either as a noun ("Renegade") or as an adjective ("Renegade Archer", "Renegade Bowman", "Renegade Shooter").

I see that units 211-282 are new since Drakon's last translation, I'll translate a few to keep busy.

Regards.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Ноя 04, 2014 23:28     Заголовок сообщения:

A quick update: I did quite a bit of work yesterday and today. I have now done about 2/3 if the Text files. It's hard to predict how much each file takes, because of the way the TM works. Sometimes I run through the files in no time, just skipping the old bits and confirming repetitions and suggestions but sometimes it takes much longer. These last two days I have done a lot of real translation work, like on the effects, guards, races, sites, messages... all the bits of it that have been added since version 13.0421.

Often Google at least gives me a clear idea of how a sentence should be translated, sometimes filling in the gaps with the aid of a good online dictionary like Multitran and Lingvo. And when all this fails, there's still good old Kettarienne to help me out. Thanks for that...

to be continued...
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 05, 2014 10:05     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
Often Google at least gives me a clear idea of how a sentence should be translated, sometimes filling in the gaps with the aid of a good online dictionary like Multitran and Lingvo. And when all this fails, there's still good old Kettarienne to help me out. Thanks for that...

to be continued...

I was hoping you'd ask for clarifications here, so that we could see the creative process in "real-time" ;-(
(And perhaps other Russian speakers can provide input, and spark some conversation)
Or are you afraid of spoilers, perhaps?

Regards.
   Satshanti

-Мастер Убийца-

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 05, 2014 11:44     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
Satshanti писал(а):
to be continued...

I was hoping you'd ask for clarifications here, so that we could see the creative process in "real-time" ;-(
(And perhaps other Russian speakers can provide input, and spark some conversation)
Or are you afraid of spoilers, perhaps?

I find the forum not an ideal medium for cooperative work. As you've undoubtedly noticed, sometimes a whole page is spent on discussing one single term, going back and forth with ideas and responses. Not only does that clutter the thread, but it's not a good place to refer back to later. And the work is quite substantial, so I've learned to prioritize. Sometimes you just have to go with something. It may not be perfect, but lingering too much on the details delays the release unnecessarily IMHO. On crucial terms however, like your marksman, or any other unit name for that matter, I think it is worth spending some time finding the proper term, as we'll be stuck with it for ever. Smile

I have announced a while back that anyone who is willing and able to participate can send me a PM, and I'll share my link to the sheet with the ongoing translation issues. So far only Kettarienne has joined, but his input is very helpful and often all I need. Smile I'll send you a PM with the link anyway, Boon, so you can have a look and join in.

On translating the new units, I haven't started with that file yet, but have started to encounter some new units in other files. Many terms seem to already have their proper English equivalent, judging from the ease with which Kettarienne comes up with them Smile I'll continue with the other bits first, so you can start on the units, and our efforts don't overlap. Maybe you could add you own separate tab to the sheet with the units you're translating, so Kat and I can comment as needed, while still keeping our work separate. Are you okay with that?
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Ноя 05, 2014 23:14     Заголовок сообщения:

Satshanti писал(а):
I find the forum not an ideal medium for cooperative work. As you've undoubtedly noticed, sometimes a whole page is spent on discussing one single term, going back and forth with ideas and responses. Not only does that clutter the thread, but it's not a good place to refer back to later. And the work is quite substantial, so I've learned to prioritize. Sometimes you just have to go with something. It may not be perfect, but lingering too much on the details delays the release unnecessarily IMHO. On crucial terms however, like your marksman, or any other unit name for that matter, I think it is worth spending some time finding the proper term, as we'll be stuck with it for ever. Smile

I have announced a while back that anyone who is willing and able to participate can send me a PM, and I'll share my link to the sheet with the ongoing translation issues. So far only Kettarienne has joined, but his input is very helpful and often all I need. Smile I'll send you a PM with the link anyway, Boon, so you can have a look and join in.

On translating the new units, I haven't started with that file yet, but have started to encounter some new units in other files. Many terms seem to already have their proper English equivalent, judging from the ease with which Kettarienne comes up with them Smile I'll continue with the other bits first, so you can start on the units, and our efforts don't overlap. Maybe you could add you own separate tab to the sheet with the units you're translating, so Kat and I can comment as needed, while still keeping our work separate. Are you okay with that?

I did read a message of yours where you talked about a better way to discuss translations, but I must have missed the part where we were to contact you. I did receive the PM, and will contribute over there. Thanks to you Wink
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 06, 2014 0:47     Заголовок сообщения:

What is the difference between these 2 units:
Name: Колдун;
http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#29
http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#211
   Максим Некромант

* Великий Дух *
Ветеран

Свитков: 2385
С нами с: 10.08.2013
СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 06, 2014 0:51     Заголовок сообщения:

Boon947 писал(а):
What is the difference between these 2 units:
Name: Колдун;
http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#29
http://eadornh.5gbfree.com/units.html#211

The one of them is castle's unit, he hasn't spell "summon a chnare", the other one is AI's unit, you can find him in guard or site, and he has this spell "призвать хнару". It was doing because this spell have very strong influence on the gameplay, but they are interesting in roleplay. And developers duplicate the Колдун and give to a clone this spell.
   Boon947

}↑↑ Великий Лучник
Ветеран

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Ноя 06, 2014 22:01     Заголовок сообщения:

@Kettarienne,

I posted several tentative unit translations to the spreadsheet; feel free to take a look whenever you feel like it.

Regards.
Часовой пояс: GMT +3:00
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  След.

Ты не можешь начинать темы
Ты не можешь отвечать на сообщения
Ты не можешь редактировать свои сообщения
Ты не можешь удалять свои сообщения
Ты не можешь голосовать в опросах
на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index Eador. The Genesis. Encyclopedia на Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Indexна Главную Форума - back to Forum Index